Brake Fluid?

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
So I recently boiled my brake fluid in the lumina doing autocross. I was running a sythentic DOT3 from prestone and really didnt think I would come across this with stock brakes with upgraded pads and rotors.

So I am looking to upgrade since I am going to be doing some more autoxing and road course driving. I know there are race fluids out there for 20 bucks a quart or would a upgrade to a synthetic DOT4 be sufficent?

I do nutswing from Royal Purple but they dont seem to make a brake fluid

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
And if you run the blue, or maybe even DOT4, they cannot be mixed with the old stuff, so it takes quite a bit of bleeding and pulsing the ABS solenoids (if equipped) to ensure you are 100% new fluid
Super blue is compatible with dot 3,4 and 5.1 fluids.

put food coloring in it
MINE IS GREEEN

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Stock is the bestest.....

factory 9C3 suspension = monte Z34 stuff. Stock size brakes but upgrated to NAPA preformance rotors and a good pad. The front Calipers are factory dual pistons and the rotors are only 10.9inches. The reason I think I boiled the fluid is at the end of the set of runs the brake pedal went to the floor like I had a leak. I checked EVERYTHING and was fine. let the car cool and I was good to go

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Pads are my AdaptiveOne's from work. Theyre a hybrid ceramic. Pretty decent but take some heat to get them to be real grippy.

My front struts and knuckles are one piece soo theres nothing factory upgradable. I can use fbody stuff If i weld a new braket plate on the knuckle. But at that point I would go big and dumb like wilwood/baer/brembo stuff.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Try a quality fluid like I posted. It's not that expensive ($12) a quart. I picked some up at northstar in barrington but I'd think any good performance shop would carry it.

Yeah Ima do that. Bleed it like crazy. I wonder if James snapon scan tool will acctivate the abs pump for proper bleeding

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info