clutch issue help - mini coop

CrawlinTBSS

Detailer
Jul 8, 2007
Naperville, IL
ok weve gotten the motor back in evans car and its runs and has been for few days now but we cant figure out his issues with the trans.

04 mini cooper s fwd - new stock clutch and flywheel

problem
car starts, runs, and is on the ground. cannot get the car to go in gear while running. not running, it will.

when lifted in the air , running with the brakes applied cannot get it into any gear, but with the brakes off and clutch in you can slip it into gear ( which im guessing is cause no load and basically the syncros are lining up and letting it slip in )

any ideas? its a hydraulic clutch , weve tried bleeding it many times, vac bleed, gravity bled. even did as mini specific, and compressed the slave and such.

with the car in neutral and in the air, the wheels will spin as well which is interesting but is okay sometimes.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
this is what happened to my 325is when the t.o. bearing ate shit. i had to drive 40 miles by putting the car in gear with the car off, then turning it on. so every time i had to stop i had to shut off the car. lol then to shift, i just rev matched rather then clutch in.

also on a side note. with the car in the air my tires spin in neutral also.

CrawlinTBSS

Detailer
Jul 8, 2007
Naperville, IL
slave cylinder wasnt fully bled. your supposed to use some BMW special tool crap to fully compress the slave in and hold it there while bleeding, and first time we did it i guess my buddy didnt compress all the way in, so the clutch was just barely not disengaging, but its all good now. the stock slave was broke so it woulda never worked.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• CrawlinTBSS
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list