4l60e Problem

RossiGTP

Young Gun
Oct 23, 2008
Portage
Real Name
Cody Rossi
My friend and I installed a TransGo 4l60e hd2 kit in my camaro. He used to work at a transmission shop for a few years. Everything went smooth with the install and followed the instructions. Problem is when the car is in manual 1 the car wont really move almost like its on a transbrake. When in 2,D and OD it drives fine. I dont know what can cause it to do that? Any suggestions?

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
my suspicions point towards it starting in second gear vs first as a result of misrouted trans fluid flow.

i broke down the concerns:

car drives and shifts normal in drive mode** (pending rossi's verification)
when put in 1st, car seems to accelerate slowly

i believe rossi also stated that they used the transgo shift reprogrammer kit, which i believe allows you to use the trans in a full manual mode. Rossi, please correct me if i'm wrong.

off to work. gluck rossi!

RossiGTP

Young Gun
Oct 23, 2008
Portage
Real Name
Cody Rossi
Good news!

Drove the car last night after work all night and put it in manual 1st and its perfectly fine now. I think it must of just been acting funny because it was just installed when I tried to use it. 1st shifts firm when coming down from 2nd gear because the shift kit. Only thing is when its at high rpm it will auto shift into second if I let off which is because its panic shifting I believe they call it. All 4 gears are working and the trans is shifting good.

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
Good news!

Drove the car last night after work all night and put it in manual 1st and its perfectly fine now. I think it must of just been acting funny because it was just installed when I tried to use it. 1st shifts firm when coming down from 2nd gear because the shift kit. Only thing is when its at high rpm it will auto shift into second if I let off which is because its panic shifting I believe they call it. All 4 gears are working and the trans is shifting good.

very good to hear!

yup, it will shift into 2nd and sometimes even 3rd in order to save the trans. its a failsafe.

RossiGTP

Young Gun
Oct 23, 2008
Portage
Real Name
Cody Rossi
Thanks for the input on what could be wrong guys. I got lucky I suppose but glad its fine now.

I saw on other boards that they said it would failsafe and im thinking the added pressure plus the stall might be making the car think its wrong and just shifts which is ok with me. I never have it in manual 1 anyways its either OD or D and thats it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info