Possible starting Own shop........

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
Hey everyone,

well bout a week ago I was in florida vacationing with an auto school buddy with his family and we got to laying around talking about our goals and how we both would love to open a speed shop/service shop together. We both agreed Northern Illinois market is pretty much cornered unless ur amazing. However, a family member has a shop with a few lifts that is just sitting there that he would be willing to lend us for a small percentage just to help us get started and make contacts and get on our feet. This wouldnt happen this month or anything once we both finish getting our degrees in business and auto service and technology, prob early next year.

Im basically asking would the chi garage be willing to help out? Such as with an open house getting people out there and just having a BBQ and a good time and tours and all that stuff? Figured I would post this now to get the idea in the heads of the higher ups here. Of course we would sponser the forum. Thanks for your input in advance.

Dan

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
we're always down w/ open houses. im all for supporting local guys.

Yea we would really appreciate that. We want a speed shop but.... being we would be brand new on the scene we both agreed it should be a split kind of shop..... performance and still willing to do basic car repairs to pay the bills. You gotta be flexable in this economy, most people dont walk in the door anymore saying give me a 20,000 dollar ls swap in my solstice.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
^^^ true I was just using it as an example cuz that was the huge craze when the solsice came out. But yea it would be to start out since it would be a cheap space, and then we really wanted to move the business to florida, or a warmer state where the car scene is more year round.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
shop in mokena? ive been throwing around that idea as well.. we need a good lsx/3800 shop,dyno and we do window/tail light tint and vinyl...

keep me in mind maybe we can work stuff out..

lol sam i already know u! U prob dont know cuz i changed cars but I used to have the blue srt-4 and then I had the black 04 gto.

Hows stuff been going man? And yes I agree I love 3800 motors, I dont know much about tinting, and to start out I dont know if we should be doing all this stuff at once but def lsx and 3800.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
yes i know who you are! i told you about the garage! and know your car!

just lettin ya know me and my buddy have been debating starting or branching off the sign company to start doing those things.

well we will def need all the help we can get. We would use our cars as examples of what we can do..... we got the supercharged gto cammed and heads with the stealth mode cut outs, the camaro that ran mid 11;s on stock ls6 cam and tons of suspension mods no heads and just a trans tune, and then your 3800.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
its rough. i wish the best of luck to you.

Its all about marketing and getting your name out there..... word of mouth is the best. Such as like brandon, I wont let anyone else touch my car tune wise just from all the time he spent with me.

Going the extra mile with the customers will keep them coming back..... hence why I do not go to speed inc or modern muscle anymore. but im not here to bad mouth other shops

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Its all about marketing and getting your name out there..... word of mouth is the best. Such as like brandon, I wont let anyone else touch my car tune wise just from all the time he spent with me.

Going the extra mile with the customers will keep them coming back..... hence why I do not go to speed inc or modern muscle anymore. but im not here to bad mouth other shops

Just a heads up...DaTurboSix RUNS a newly opened shop local that many members here already swear by, I don't think he needs advice :bigthumb:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info