Should I trade my wrx for a 04 impala indy edition?

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I have been tossing around the idea of trading my car to get a smaller car payment and also get a car I am more familiar with that has better gas mileage. A lot of the odd noises on my current car are just getting old and the dealership says they can't find anything wrong.

It is a 04 impala ss indy special edition. It has just under 48k miles. The car is up in wisconsin, but looks to be pretty perfect as far as body and cleanliness goes. the interior looks nice, seats look new, and engine bay looks brand new. The car is in great shape. I haven't seen it in person, but they are asking 12k.

Thoughts, pros, cons, ideas? thanks

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Yup, I was thinking with the trade in value I could talk them down to 10k on the price. I figured the price was higher b/c of the low mileage and the car looks brand new. Even the engine bay looks like there is no dirt on it. 1 previous owner
http://www.buyevscars.com/used/Chevrolet/2004-Chevrolet-Impala-e24dc7450a0a006501b9b6ade5d466e5.htm

Mike, I would be pretty damn interested in that. Only problem I have is that I need a trade in for my wrx. I pretty much still have around 20k to pay off on the car loan. I will call the subie dealership here and see if they will just buy it back b/c I don't have the funds any more or something. If they bought it, then I could buy really whatever else cause I would break even pretty much. If not, I will have to try and sell it on my own to get my money back.

Any pics or specs on the Impala Mike? Thanks guys

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
U know those lexus models have been on my radar for a while. I dunno why I am just not big on civics or the srt4. i like them when they are built, but I am not planning on doing much to whatever car I get.

I don't know jack about those lexus models though, reliable? any consistent issues? easy to work on?

Only reason I like the impy is I could fix just about anything that goes wrong on it. which makes for a lot cheaper upkeep costs

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Don't do it. If you really want a chevy for low teens then do yourself a favor and pick up a turbo cobalt SS 4door. I'd say stick with the WRX, but if the payments killing you and it's doable to go to something around 12k, then do it.

SUBARU = GHEY

Find a 3800 with a bit higher mileage. This thing is WAY over priced for some stock ass car

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
U know those lexus models have been on my radar for a while. I dunno why I am just not big on civics or the srt4. i like them when they are built, but I am not planning on doing much to whatever car I get.

I don't know jack about those lexus models though, reliable? any consistent issues? easy to work on?

Only reason I like the impy is I could fix just about anything that goes wrong on it. which makes for a lot cheaper upkeep costs

If they'll go down a couple thousand on the impala I'd do it. Otherwise those lexus models are pretty reliable. I wouldn't touch an srt4, call it what you want, make it go as fast as you want, but it'll always be a dodge neon.

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
Is your car making a rattling / banging sound or something? I understand wanting to lower your payments, but remember, it's an '04 with only 48K on the clock. It hasn't even started to get worked in yet.

That's only 6800 miles per year. IF you go and look at it, take a REAL good look at the people selling it. If they aren't hardcore Impala or car people in general, then this means the car was (probably) a highway queen. It hasn't even had the chance to work it's way into having some of those odd noises that you already have. Cheap plastics have a way of doing that.

Besides, $12 is a lot of $$$ in my book for a boxy Indy Ed. Chevy. If you can get them to budge on the price, then I say go for it. Heck, they might be selling it because they HAVE to have the $$$...(ching ching)...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info