Would you use it?

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
I just got our sales for next month and theyre listing "on sale" for 2.99 a quart. Regular oil is 2.99 a quart now from Valvoline. itll probally cost the same because of the infrastructure cost it would take to make it. buuut theyre probally betting all the earth hippies are gunna go ape shit for it

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
It is all marketing BS. The company I work for owns the largest oil re-refinery in the world and recycles more than 200 million gallons of used oil per year. We sell recycled oil the meets the same specifications/performance standards as Mobil 1 does.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Wondering about checking/analyzing my oil in the TA after changes. If its not too expensive, I'd consider doing it on a pretty regular basis. Mainly making sure I don't have excess material (of any type) in the oil.

The testing we do for most customer's is just to determine whether or not the oil is hazardous for which would determine if we could recycle it or if it needs to be fuel blended. The tests results yielded specify any hazardous elements, density, pH, water content, BTU value, and ash content. I am not sure if that would tell you what you need to know though. I usually charge customers $350 for the test. I do not mind doing it for you for free, but I will not be able to swing that regularly though. Outside of that I know our R&D arm does all types of analytical testing on the oils that they develop from recycled base lubes in order to meet certain motor oil standards, but it is not something that we do for our customers.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
shit...ive been recycling my own oil for a while now...let the used shit sit in a jug for 6 months to a year and all the crap falls outta suspension to the bottom of the jug, then i do a 50/50 mix used/new.

my gramps used to do it with his cars/trucks/farm equipment.
his 84 chrysler minivan had almost 300k on its original motor and got it at 60k with a blown trans

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info