04 Infiniti G35

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I did some research on these recently and it looked like the 05+ RWD models had some notable changes like larger brakes that solve reoccurring brake problems with the 03-04. There are other changes and when I was looking at them, I decided to look at the 05 and newer ones.

G35Driver.com is a massive resource for these cars. I believe many of the 350Z suspension parts and wheels are interchangeable with these as well.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
There are plenty of them out there, you can find a clean one without a rebuild title. If you want the 6MT stick to the 03-04 models. Alot of the 05-07 6MTs have severe oil consumption issues, which sucks because the 05+ had a model refresh that is better imo. Bigger brakes but no Brembo option, updated interior and 19" wheels.

I drive an 05 sedan and it has been very reliable since I've owned it at 19K, have 73K now. Wish I got alittle better gas mileage, but its ok. G35driver.com is a great resource like Bru said.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
aftermarket is very good, but pricey as mentioned. Alot of suspension and engine mods, but dont expect to get a ton of additional power out of a N/A VQ35. We share platforms with the 350Z so suspension is interchangable and majority of mods for the 350Z will work on the G.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Its hit or miss on the "rev-up" engines. Some dont burn a drop and some burn through a QT every 1000 miles. IMO its not worth the trouble dealing with the dealer for a new engine, especially Infiniti that wants maintenance records for everything or you lose. And if you are lucky enough to get a new engine, some people are reporting oil consumption on the replacement engines too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info