Nitrous Camaro RWHP numbers?

DIVINE

Regular
Feb 26, 2010
Shoals IN
Another guy and myself are working on a 95 Camaro. It does have a 383, stock 6 speed transmission, and stock 3.42 gears. The 383 has 11.1 compression, Ported trickflow heads and a ported Edelbrock intake. 58mm throttle body. AFR Hydrarev kit. OBX full length headers. 1.6 rockers and an off the shelf Comp Cam. 292xfi. We are going to run two shots of nitrous now. We are using the Nitrous Express shark nozzles. We are going to start the first shot at 150 from 4,000 rpm and start the next shot at 150 at 5,000 rpm. We are going to run this engine to 7,000 rpm just to see what it will do. We will be running both shots together to make 300 horse with a nitrous controller. We will be running an MSD ignition, coil, and wires. Any guess on horsepower before we shove it over the rollers?

DIVINE

Regular
Feb 26, 2010
Shoals IN
Eagle H beam rods. Forged speed pro pistons. I don't remember which ones cause the guy already had them. I wanted to run hellfire rings like I did in my Trans Am but the owner bought gapless rings. So I gapped the tops at .036 and the second rings at .034. I know I know what everybody is gonna tell me. The gaps should have been the other way around. You always want your second ring end gap to be bigger than the top but this is the way the manufacturer recommended it.

DIVINE

Regular
Feb 26, 2010
Shoals IN
Well heres the other thing. We are just gonna run this 300 one time on the dyno and then were gonna swap the jets out and just run 200. Where i'm from theres not a lot of cars runnin more than 400 horse so why push the motor when you don't have too. But just out of curiousity, what would you have gapped them at for a 300 shot. I'm a forced induction guy so I don't do a lot of work on nitrous.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info