Is Subaru paint low quality? or are these cars not meant to be driven?

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I was washing my car the other day and was looking at a couple of rock chips I have on my passenger rear door. I take a step back and realize it looks like someone took a cheese grater to my car. I know I have had fun in the snow, but WTF? The entire rear passenger door and ground effect pretty much needs re-painted. just turned 10k on the odo. There are a lot of thin cuts like someone threw razor blades at my car and then a bunch of real small nics in the paint.

The odd part to me is that all of his damage is in front of the rear wheel, but far enough away from the front that I wouldn't think it is from daily driving? Plus I have those ugly flaps on to keep this from happening.

Is subaru paint put on paper thin? or is it just shit? Either way, I am gonna see if PAF can help my car as much as possible...but IMO the passenger side is fucked.

I will try an post pics when I get done with work in the AM. What a suckjob though. Not to mention the scratches I have from dbags in my work parking lot make me feel that this paint was put on super thin

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I was washing my car the other day and was looking at a couple of rock chips I have on my passenger rear door. I take a step back and realize it looks like someone took a cheese grater to my car. I know I have had fun in the snow, but WTF? The entire rear passenger door and ground effect pretty much needs re-painted. just turned 10k on the odo. There are a lot of thin cuts like someone threw razor blades at my car and then a bunch of real small nics in the paint.

The odd part to me is that all of his damage is in front of the rear wheel, but far enough away from the front that I wouldn't think it is from daily driving? Plus I have those ugly flaps on to keep this from happening.

Is subaru paint put on paper thin? or is it just shit? Either way, I am gonna see if PAF can help my car as much as possible...but IMO the passenger side is fucked.

I will try an post pics when I get done with work in the AM. What a suckjob though. Not to mention the scratches I have from dbags in my work parking lot make me feel that this paint was put on super thin

Hospital parking lots are the worst I've parked in ever.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Damn, knowing this I am complaining for sure. They still haven't taken care of or even followed up on my claim 1 week after I bought the car bout the hood scoop insert looking like a rolling hillside. I will never buy a subaru again. The car is fun but I have less annoying shit that goes wrong in my monte with over 250k on it. I am pretty livid about their neglect on my initial claim. I might just go in there and start breaking their shit and see how they feel.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Subaru paint is known to be thin.

this.

subaru metal is worse than the paint. look at it the wrong way and it will dent

and also this. By the time I got rid of my wrx, my rear passenger door looked like the surface of the moon from all the times my dad would "rest" his car door against mine when he was getting in and out of his car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info