2011-03-02172502.jpg

2011-03-02172533.jpg

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
the vht stuff is garbage! i did the tail lights on my gxp with that crap and after summer they were faded out so i suggest vht is a no go

i used spies hecker its what we use at the shop, mixed its 2;1 so i went 10 parts base coat black to 1 part reducer, it still looked to thick so i went 11 parts black 1 reducer then i was golden, and then a splash of base coat hardner

preping, sand with 1,000 clean with wax and grease remover mask off what has to be masked off

the trick with such a thinned out base coat is keeping the patteren on the fan wide open, and staying back almost a foot, so bascily your dusting the base coat on

what you see is 10 coats of thinned out black, and letting it dry 10 mins between coats

then i put 3 coats of clear on them, baked at 140 for 30 mins cooled down for 30 mins, reinstalled boom done

for me its easy im a painter, so total time was about 3 hours

if anyone wants them done and i can paint color matched too same procees shot me a pm for a price

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
did you clear coat them?

I have used the VHT stuff a few time and I cleared them, they held up for years. I did the lights on the GXP and used some thinned out black base coat and then 2 coats of clear for protection and shine. Looks ballin

How do you like Spies? I loved that brand of paint when I used it about 6 years ago at school.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info