Slow VW driver
Sep 18, 2009
Eastern Tennessee
thisisanepicthreadoj6.png

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Something that can be driven whenever, without fear of rain, snow, etc. Track prep shouldn't count, but I give MAD props to a car than can be driven whenever wherever, make absolutely no changes and run fast as fuck at the track. Taking it to burger king and calling it a street car is bullshit. That's not a street car, it's a car that can be driven on the street. Completely different.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
NT05r's suppossedly handle pretty good in the rain so I'll probably get some of those this spring. I mean, as long as you aren't driving like a jack hole you should get where you need alright.

I was thinking about this earlier today when looking at my half apart car now. I guess as long as you can take your car out and not have to put any thought into getting from point a to point b, then it's a street car. I think as things start to get difficult, uncomfortable or you have to plan out how and where you drive your car, you begin to lose streetability.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
NT05r's suppossedly handle pretty good in the rain so I'll probably get some of those this spring. I mean, as long as you aren't driving like a jack hole you should get where you need alright.

I was thinking about this earlier today when looking at my half apart car now. I guess as long as you can take your car out and not have to put any thought into getting from point a to point b, then it's a street car. I think as things start to get difficult, uncomfortable or you have to plan out how and where you drive your car, you begin to lose streetability.

Funny story on that...

I made the mistake of having to drive home from the track last year on my slicks... OMFG. If you've had a chance to watch any of the vids of the people in Dallas who attempted driving during that ice storm... that's what it felt like. Took me an extra 45min to get home. I don't think the rear end EVER planted all the way on the ground. :noes:

My street tire this year is going to be that M&H tire that Pratt is running currently. Very much looking forward to driving the car again. All this crappy weather has be in a funk.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info