Turbo Rebuilders?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I use Jose at Forced Inductions for my new turbos, upgrades and rebuilds. They are in Alabama and usually have a fast turn around. They do R&D for some big name turbo manufactures as well as their own products. They even do their machining in house instead of sending the stuff out like a lot of shops. This helps with turn around time as well.

www.forcedinductions.com

Forced Inductions
3400 Eva Rd.
Eva, AL 35621

(256)-796-1230 or (256)-658-5798

E-mail:
[email protected]

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Anyone know anyone in the area who rebuilds turbos? I have a garret T25 from BrianG's 90 Turbo Grand Prix that needs to be refreshed so the smoke pouring out of the exhaust can stop. Its kinda embarrasing when you loose the person (euro) whos following you

It's not that you lose me...no matter where you go I just follow the trail of London fog. Once this stops, however, you'll lose me. TGP > GT

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
I agree with you about out of balance runout. I would imagine that most turbos are balanced in pieces, AKA the compressor wheel is balanced, and the turbine wheel and shaft is balanced separately. I am not exactly sure if that's how it is, but if you mark it and reassemble in the same location I imagine it would be pretty darn close.

vibration is a bitch. likely the wheels are gummed up anyway, so that's going to affect balance as well.

if it was a GT47-88 I'd be sending it out. T25... not so much.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
damn, cannot see it at work.

That answers our questions I imagine. in this case it would be imperative to get it reassembled at the right angle.

or send it to someone. comes down to how much you want to spend.

I see the name limit engineering a lot on Turbo buick boards. never dealt personally, but they might be able to help out.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
damn, cannot see it at work.

That answers our questions I imagine. in this case it would be imperative to get it reassembled at the right angle.

or send it to someone. comes down to how much you want to spend.

I see the name limit engineering a lot on Turbo buick boards. never dealt personally, but they might be able to help out.

They do not go into depth about why a small turbo should be assembled and balanced. They just mention that the high speeds the small turbos see makes it almost impossible to get balanced with balancing every thing before it is assembled. They still do that but after assembly they balance the whole unit.

It all depends on the comfort level associated with the risk of failure or damage to your turbo and possibly motor. Risk versus reward. They do not charge much to rebuild and balance the motor. Not enough to have me think about skipping a pro rebuild to have me do the rebuild. I have to much invested in my turbo and motor to worry about a few dollars.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
oh I definitely agree with you, not to worry. I just know that home rebuilds have been done in the past with success (not really measurable lol) and it can be another option to sending it out.

I definitely don't want to advise blowing up one's motor.

this makes me want to look up destroyed turbo pictures. overspeed failures are the best. oh and shaft breaks on pullin trucks when the turbine wheel goes flying out of the stack. oops

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
is it puking oil out of the exhaust?

Yeah when you start it and theres white snow on the ground you can see oil marks. Its smokes everywhere. And at idle, in boost, and anytime you dont want it too. sucks.

Im going to see if theres some kit I can used to try it myself since we have a spare turbo too. or just send it out. THanks guys!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info