TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/car/607406898.html

i-1.JPG

i-2.JPG

93 civic si SOHC VTEC w super low miles only 90k 1 owner very clean 5 speed new act stage 2 clutch a/c power steering sunroof rear cargo cover oem floor mats mint interior mint~!!!! Track ready neuspeed upper bar neuspeed rear upper bar skunkworks lower tie bar full energy suspension bushing kit(red) coilovers tokico blues dc sports header intake Brospeed exhaust msd ignition dc sports short shifter front and rear new cross drilled rotors w new pads 15 inch momo arrows rims w new toyo tires! oem fog lights car runs awesome !! very clean in and out !! smooth riding, great suspension . motor runs great . this car needs nothing !!no leaks, tick or anything . serious buyer only asking $4800

Last edited:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
i'm no honda guy either. i'm sick of spending $60 a week on a fill up! plus i think a hatch is way more versatile.

you of all people should know how shitty the trunk/rear seat on gp's are thought out. you cant put a damn thing in there!

plus i dont need a quick DD anymore. as long as it puts a smile on my face every once in a while thats all that matters to me.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
i'll have to talk it over with the wife but she is all for me getting something better on gas. i'll probably just take out a bank loan for now and then pay it off after i ditch the gtp. shouldnt be too hard, my credit is amazing. being 23 and buying a house does wonders!

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Its funny that nobody has called me a *** yet

It's still early. Wait for the "Why the hell would you buy a Honda when you could get a (insert shit car here) for this much ...."

Anyways. I've always liked the hatches from that year and shoot some pics if you take a look at it. Those cell phone pics on the listing are junk.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
well wait till dasfinc and i start a honda hatch club! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

NO!

Just going to be my daily driver. I get 21-22mpg now for my 23 mile commute to work in the GTP using premium. I figure i can get more than 30mpg with this thing on 87!

I would probably start doing some auto crossing and road racing with it seeing as how aftermarket suspension is endless with this car. plus i know a few people who can get me in to gingerman, autobahn, road america so it could get fun!

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
well wait till dasfinc and i start a honda hatch club! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

NO!

Just going to be my daily driver. I get 21-22mpg now for my 23 mile commute to work in the GTP using premium. I figure i can get more than 30mpg with this thing on 87!

I would probably start doing some auto crossing and road racing with it seeing as how aftermarket suspension is endless with this car. plus i know a few people who can get me in to gingerman, autobahn, road america so it could get fun!

Lol, Figured my name would get dropped in here.

*Cliffs* I wouldn't, thats easily $1500 over priced, and is not really a good 'dd' civic as far as civics go, I'd spend 2-3K on a minty CX or VX and enjoy 45mpg like I used to get in my hatch.

Brace yourself for my long-boring post...

a few things toss me on the listing, The price (WAAAAAY high, I saw a red 94 SI sell for $2800 last week on honda-tech in Ohio that was as minty as that car, and was bone stock), The fact that he listed fogs as being 'oem' (there were not OEM in the US, Ebay, or from Japan, its still a 'mod'), and I just kinda find it odd that if its truely a 1 owner car, why he is getting rid of it when gas is $3.50 a gallon? This is all just splitting hairs in all reality though.

Now a few important things as far as what you are saying you want it for:

You will probably only get 28-30mpg in that thing on the freeway (the SI's have a fairly narrow transmission, Thinkingstrings has a similar transmission in his CRX, and you can ask him what free-way driving is like in that thing)

To auto-X it, the suspension sounds good, but I would still add a rear-sway bar (SI's and EX's only had a front sway bar) but at the same time, chances are that suspension is VERY firm, so it may be a little unpleasant as a daily driver in all honesty.

Lastly it has 90K miles, and its a 93, so it probably is still on its original timing chain/plugs/wires and plenty of other things. (I'm just basically saying 100K is kinda the standard 'big maintance interval' for a civic like that, then again 100K is like that for most cars)

So really, I feel if you are gonna get a civic as a DD, you shouldn't get one thats 'track ready' like that one is, you should aim for a CX or VX and enjoy 40-45mpg.

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
It's very overpriced. But it's a seller's market right now for small gas saving cars. I know you could find a similar car for $2,000 if you expanded your search. It wouldn't be THAT exact car in the same condition...but shit you'd have $2,500 left over to mod it out however you chose.

In the long run you'll sell that car for loss. But Honda's are the easiest to find cheap and sell for a premium. You just happened to find one of the higher premium ones out there.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel

You will probably only get 28-30mpg in that thing on the freeway (the SI's have a fairly narrow transmission, Thinkingstrings has a similar transmission in his CRX, and you can ask him what free-way driving is like in that thing) hmmm i get 32mpg highway in my 3400lb car...this weighs 2000Lbs

To auto-X it, the suspension sounds good, but I would still add a rear-sway bar (SI's and EX's only had a front sway bar) but at the same time, chances are that suspension is VERY firm, so it may be a little unpleasant as a daily driver in all honesty.

I'm fine with stiff. my springs arent the softest on my car now.

Lastly it has 90K miles, and its a 93, so it probably is still on its original timing chain/plugs/wires and plenty of other things. (I'm just basically saying 100K is kinda the standard 'big maintance interval' for a civic like that, then again 100K is like that for most cars)

Eh its a honda. i'm sure i can handle a timing chain change. I do all my own work so i'm not worried about price.

So really, I feel if you are gonna get a civic as a DD, you shouldn't get one thats 'track ready' like that one is, you should aim for a CX or VX and enjoy 40-45mpg.

why would i want 70hp when i could have 120hp? also doesnt your hatch have drums out back while the Si's have disks?

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
basically i want a 92-95 hatchback 5 speed. the Si seems like the way to go for something peppy. i would rather have a good platform to start with then have to add things like rear disks, different engine, trans, etc. i have no problem later down the road maybe putting in a B16A but i would for the most part keep it stock engine wise for quite a while and concentrate on the suspension. Ive only had go-straight cars and having friends with type-r's and track cars i've felt left out because my GTP is auto and a turd around turns.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL

You will probably only get 28-30mpg in that thing on the freeway (the SI's have a fairly narrow transmission, Thinkingstrings has a similar transmission in his CRX, and you can ask him what free-way driving is like in that thing) hmmm i get 32mpg highway in my 3400lb car...this weighs 2000Lbs

the SI hatch weighs about 2300lbs, and will be spinning at about 3800RPM on the freeway to do 65-70mph, hence it will only get like 28-30.
*Zack, How much are you getting in your CRX when you come out here?*

my CX weighs 2000lbs, and with the CX trans was getting me 40-44mpg freeway driving.

the Grand Prix has wide gearing, and the OD is CRAZY wide to my understanding

Eh its a honda. i'm sure i can handle a timing chain change. I do all my own work so i'm not worried about price.

Yea, timing belt change isn't bad at all on those cars, I was just kinda making mention of it.

why would i want 70hp when i could have 120hp? also doesnt your hatch have drums out back while the Si's have disks?

VX's have 100hp, and are pre-wired for Vtec, making swaps a breeze, they also can get 50mpg instead of 30. Yea the SI's have optional rear disks, and 126hp, but they all have 90-100 ft/lb of torque anyways, so around town, and crusing the freeway, you would never notice a difference anyways.

I don't mean to knock the car at all, I'm just kinda saying that if you want gas mileage and a dd, I'd recommend a VX/CX, while if you want something that is gonna get 'marginally' better mileage, but isn't as lethargic as the CX/VX, the SI is fine, but the transmission ratios are very very VERY different between those 2 models to the point of where if you put a CX/VX transmission in the SI, it would be just as slow as the CX/VX because every full throttle upshift will pitch you so far out of your powerband. (I had a Vtec head on my stock CX trans and block, and the gearing KILLED any usable power...)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info