TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Bout time you posted Vids. Bad ass car man

haha I know. I figured some pics and videos would have been up from the TCG track day. But that didn't happen. No love for the awkward Capri. lol

Now post a vid of you actually TRYING :rofl:

I <3 this car, Pratt. Hope to hang with your ass this year. We'll see how quick I get the boot from Byron.... :hsugh: I'm still cageless.

Get your issue figured out and I don't see you having issues keeping up. Push it some and you could pass my by. lol But I am stepping up my program as well. I am not going to make it easy to catch and pass me by. Should be a fun year!

Do yourself a favor and get the cage done. Or at least a roll bar you can upgrade later. Safety equipment is some thing that every one hates to spend their money on. And hopefully it is some thing you will never need. But that time you need it you will be glad you have it. I know you know. But I will keep telling you till you get it done. haha

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I saw that car, had NO idea it was what it is. I wouldn't have even filmed it :rofl:
:rollpicard:

Quiet car on 17" wheels all the way around, no cowl hood, no wing or any other eye grabbing parts. No one pays attention until it leaves the line.

1.39 60'. Wut?!?
Capri_Byron_9_12_20101.jpg

I love when people come by the car in the pits. They all say the same thing. Looked and sounded like a 12 or 13 second car that some goof threw a cage in to be cool. Then the were shocked to see it go down the track. lol

I have another video where I run a ls1 car. I am in the lane closest to the camera. You can't hear my car at all over his SLP Loud Mouth exhaust. I love that the car is so quiet and unassuming. lol

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Get your issue figured out and I don't see you having issues keeping up. Push it some and you could pass my by. lol But I am stepping up my program as well. I am not going to make it easy to catch and pass me by. Should be a fun year!

Do yourself a favor and get the cage done. Or at least a roll bar you can upgrade later. Safety equipment is some thing that every one hates to spend their money on. And hopefully it is some thing you will never need. But that time you need it you will be glad you have it. I know you know. But I will keep telling you till you get it done. haha

Yea, I'd like to get a simple 8 point put in and save the halo work for later... debating on a simple weld in kit I could do myself or actually taking it to a shop somewhere.

BTW, flattery will only get you so far ;)

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Thanks guys

I think I like the car more because of how much of a sleeper it is. Definatly don't change the cosmetics of it!!!!

I don't plan to do any thing major. Some small things like SVO sail panels (which are smooth versus the slotted ones on the car), maybe newer mirrors, etc. I have had a new cowl hood in my basement for 2 years now. It looks awesome on the car. But I have no plans to install it any time soon. I like the sleeper look. We had to do A LOT to make it all fit under the stock hood.

Yea, I'd like to get a simple 8 point put in and save the halo work for later... debating on a simple weld in kit I could do myself or actually taking it to a shop somewhere.

BTW, flattery will only get you so far ;)

Go custom. Talk to a shop and tell them your plans. It will be a good designed set up that can be upgraded properly down the road. Do thru the floor sub frame connectors and mount the cage on them. Will be way stronger and help the car chassis be more rigid. Being as tall as you are you will most likely need a set back cross bar anyways. Especially with factory seats. Custom will cost you more but will better fit you and the car interior. Money well spent.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info