Next Vehicle

D

Darkness01

I found a buyer for my truck, so its time to figure out what are some cars to consider. I have 3 semesters left of school, and then I want to save for a house once I have a career. I will then go for my MBA. I'm done with modifying cars; however, cars are my passion, so buying something like a civic is not an option because I would like some power. I've talked to my insurance agent and about 25 different vehicles and figured out what I can afford and not afford.

Here's my breakdown:

I want a car that is comfortable, but also powerful. Something that I can simply modify the exhaust (just catback) and drive (I can't drive a quiet vehicle).
If the car is an 05-06, it needs to be 14g or less
If the car is an 07+ then it needs to be 18g or less.
I want nothing older than 05, and nothing over 70k miles.

This is my first choice right now. I bought my Trans Am from this dealer. The good thing about this vehicle is that its Certified. I'm well aware of the transmission problems, and I already have that issue solved in my head, plus the warranty that it comes with gives me peace of mind. This increases my insurance by 100 bucks every 6 months, but lowers my monthly car payment by over 50 bucks, and the interior is way nicer than my truck

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ds=100&seller_type=d&cardist=9&standard=false

I've considered Dodge Magnum R/T (Charger and 300C increase my insurance too much), 2008 Chevy Silverado extended cab 2WD (cannot afford the insurance on a hemi ram, and I don't want another f150), 2008 Nissan Titan, subaru legacy GT, Acura TL, Lexus IS250 (didn't ask my insurance guy about the subaru, acura or lexus yet), and a few others

I've considered v6 fusions, but none are in my price range or equipped with what I want. I will not buy a focus or other compact car. I feel too big for those cars, and I don't like driving a vehicle that when I get out, I'm basically the same size of it.

D

Darkness01

Are you looking specifically for a 4-door or would you rock a coupe?

I was at the Phoenix Auto Show a few weeks back and fell in love with the Genesis coupe. Look at a used Audi A4/A6... those are pretty decent whips too.

4 door or coupe does not matter. Comfort and power are my only wants. I really dig the genesis coupe, I just can't find any that I can afford. I like the audi's, and the 2.0T aren't bad, my fear is the maintenance prices on those.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
I just picked up a '10 Altima 2.5 SL for my wife. It has a lot of nice features and the price was right.

You could look into a Altima 3.5 or a Maxima. They don't have a lot of torque to them, but there is some pep, interiors are nice with a lot of options and resale is not half bad either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info