What shop does the best wheel aligments?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I am sick of my cars being hacked up on the aligment rack by newbs that work at sears, midas, ect... This is a pic of the strut to knuckle bolt that I took out of my GTX that Sears aligned last. This is bull shit, they ground the bolt down to make it thinner to adjust the camber on my driver front wheel. Also the real kicker is that the car has camber bolts already installed! I dont care where the shop is at or how much it cost, I just want it done right. So where is the best place for a wheel aligment?
IMG00061-20101230-2040.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Plenty of performance shops will do alignments. GRD has a nice alignment rack and they'll setup to your specs. I don't think it was anything crazy price wise either.

There "special" price for summer was $65 for stock specs and $75 for custom specs for the first hour and $25 for each additional 1/2 hour.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Yes the Bourbonnias store. Bradley Bourbonnias is all somewhat grouped together lol.

Thanks, do you work on the cars or are you a sales guy up front at the desk? I am willing to give Sears another try and I dont care where I have to bring the car as long as I dont get a half assed job and they can get my car on the rack with out scraping lol.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
He works for a body shop. :bowrofl:

yea we dont have an aligment rack and heads at the shop. If my junk was wrecked I could pull the car back in to aligment on the frame rack better then what these idiots can adjust.

The last Challenger that I fixed I had to replace the front frame rail and when we sent it out for aligment the guy calls me and says he cant align the car because the camber would not come in. I asked what specs are and where the car is sitting as of now so he tells me over the phone. My responce was "you know there is more to an aligment then adjusting tie rod and the cam bolt on the control arms. Why dont you try shifting the engine cradle." Bam, car falls into specs. :bowrofl:

It just is amazing the idiots that shops hire to do aligments and what not and they dont know shit. I could not believe that I had to tell the tech and a dealer how to align a car over the phone.

DarkShadow

o.O
TCG Premium
Aug 1, 2007
Berkeley, IL
Yes the Bourbonnias store. Bradley Bourbonnias is all somewhat grouped together lol.

Thanks, do you work on the cars or are you a sales guy up front at the desk? I am willing to give Sears another try and I dont care where I have to bring the car as long as I dont get a half assed job and they can get my car on the rack with out scraping lol.

I am the assistant manager for the store, so no I dont work on the cars lol. We shouldnt have any issue getting your car on the rack, I havent seen a car scrape yet getting on them.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I am the assistant manager for the store, so no I dont work on the cars lol. We shouldnt have any issue getting your car on the rack, I havent seen a car scrape yet getting on them.

It usually will scrape the front bumper then drag the rockers all the way up lol. I cant even put it on a regular lift with out driving it on to a few 2X4s

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
dan
if your interested my mechanic in la grange does great work, shop is dm&j automotive on lagrange road, i believe he does it for 65 bucks, both my oldsmobile on air ride runs straight, and my gxp runs straight and he fixed the camber issue in the rear

you have my number if you want more info

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info