Cavalier Floorboard noise

BillyBru

FoodHead
Apr 29, 2008
Dear TCG,
I've been having a few problems with the Cavalier. I've already consulted BruGTP on this and he DUNNO! So since the summer there has been a squeaking from the left side with every rotation of the tire. I didn't really care/have the money to fix it. Ever since it started getting colder there has been a knocking from the floorboard by my feet, again with every rotation.

I opened up the window and it sounds like theres a clicking/rubbing/kind of grinding with every knock that happens. I've have problems with a squeaking of the brakes before but it's getting worse. I had that fixed by sandblasting the rotor down (I believe).

If anybody can help to diagnose this it would be gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!
Thanks,
WillyBru

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
had the same thing with eric's 96 crapalier ended up being the LF wheel bearing...found a 97 in the junkyard that had new one's installed in the prev year or less before being junked, 15$ and an hour later it was alll good....the car next to the bearing donor had new rotors, brakes, calipers and hoses installed recently...rotors, calipers/hoses and pads set him back 50$
65$ for a whole new frontend isnt bad at all

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Dear TCG,
I've already consulted BruGTP on this and he DUNNO!

Thanks for making me look like a dumbass Billy. :squint:

Wheel bearing was my initial inclination. Especially considering the high-speed vibration he has and the wheels were recently balanced. The last guy who did the brakes he said they were fine, but Billy must have whacked a few curbs since then :s00ls:

funny-pictures-pony-mechanic.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info