Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
It wasn't a hooker:

1994 Suzuki GS500E

9b1d706d.jpg

Krang

Snozberries
Jul 12, 2009
It's more that it's easy to write off if it's totaled, has enough power to get you around without getting you in trouble, not something that is going to be a big deal when you lay it down etc..

The only way it's really safer is that it doesn't have enough power to quickly put you in a bad position.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
It's more that it's easy to write off if it's totaled, has enough power to get you around without getting you in trouble, not something that is going to be a big deal when you lay it down etc..

The only way it's really safer is that it doesn't have enough power to quickly put you in a bad position.

The example my teacher gave us was say you have a busa and your hand slips. Over a pothole, and you tug the throttle while in gear as you cone out of the pot hole, you almost certainly pull the front and go down, while a less powerful bike may not do that

I never understood the concept of a "starter bike". Crashing a starter bike at 60 will kill u just the same as a hayabusa at 60. Somebody can easily pull out in front of you on a starter bike.

This^^^

Not to mention suspension difference! Riding a "sport bike" is a huge difference compared to a lower line model! Cornering is more demanding since the suspension is not as fine tuned! Power is really the only thing that makes the bike easier and safer to ride but that's really it!

None the less good buy and any bike is fun to ride regardless of power and suspension! Plus if you do put her Down you won't be out 10 grand! :drums:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
This^^^

Not to mention suspension difference! Riding a "sport bike" is a huge difference compared to a lower line model! Cornering is more demanding since the suspension is not as fine tuned! Power is really the only thing that makes the bike easier and safer to ride but that's really it!

None the less good buy and any bike is fun to ride regardless of power and suspension! Plus if you do put her Down you won't be out 10 grand! :drums:

My bike is a 'sport' bike, it is just a 2 cyl Vs a 4 cyl. It moves out of its own way just fine from just puttering around the neighborhood... Sadly I won't be on it again until I get it looked at just for my own piece of mind *Cause I really don't know whats supposed to be adjusted/set to what*

I'd like to buy fresh tires for it when next season starts, any suggestions on brands or where I should buy them/have them mounted?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info