BEEP BEEP, a little something I saw on the way to the RenFaire

She was getting gaz and about to board a semi for a trip to the national Mopar Show. Sorry about the Cell phone pics

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
for some reason i dont recal seeing hydraulic crimp sleeves that look like that on the one's ive seen, i seem to recal only two crimp impressions... maybe its been converted to 134a then

i wonder if that sthe original carter or a newer carter/afb unit it sure doesnt look like a thermoquad from what i can make out
it does look like its got headers

I hope that some one looks at my car like that some day.

Geezz that wound suck if they thought all my mods were part of some kind of resto

Anyway:

LOVE the Roadrunner. I always liked them better before they started putting the cartoon bird and the dust trail behind on the side of the car.
mopp_0301_04_z+plymouth_road_runner+logo.jpg
PlymouthRoadRunner.GIF

Cartoons don't really convey (in my mind) the term American muscle car.

Oh BTW they have 2010 concept versions of the Roadrunner and the Barracuda. I would love to see these cars make it back into the mainstream again.

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
This is what I saw yesterday:

Superbird.jpg

It was at a Corvette show at a Home Depot up the street from me. More people were looking this over than any of the Vettes. The guy was real nice about talking about it. It wasn't a concours car but he drives it; I've seen it running around the area for the last 15 years!

BTW, the A/C in that Road Runner is aftermarket. An origibnal unit will look like this:
FS57059.jpg

Useless trivia... people have converted those compressors to air compressor pumps for on-board compressed air systems for work trucks and off-roading.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i cant recall when they starded using the harrison/sanborn rotary swashplate piston units but it wasnt uncommon for someone to buy a car then a year or two down the road have a dealer installed ac tossed in like my gramps did with his newport.

ahhh the york style compressors...i have the single cylinder unit for my truck...gotta make it fit on the 460 so i can haz 200psi air at the track...or for the train horns

more usless knowledge...you can use the rotary units for compressed air also, but you have to have an oiler on the inlet and a drier on the outlet where the yorks had oil only in theri "crankcase" and pumps without oil in the air path for lubrication

that barricuda is sweeet now if they can ditch those 20's and make a lightweight option delete model

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info