general GTP fondness blabber

shaferz

slaps a ho
Sep 9, 2008
Central IL
So I'm sitting here tonight, bored as fuck before work, thinking about different vehicles than the ole GTP. Cars I've considered include -

G35/350Z
03/04 Cobra
WRX
GTO
Built Honda
Slowbalts

Some of the cars cost big $$$$ to make as quick as my GTP. Some cars have a joke for backseat room (gotta be enough to fit kids in at some point in my future,) some cars are too small for my taste, and the one car that seems to fit what I would like (the cobra) is a car that for some reason - my better half wants no part of.

Dont get me wrong, I love the GTP, but its always fun to see what else is out there. When I do a quick comparo of other cars that I find interesting, I find it easy to talk myself into sticking with the GTP and GXP. It helps that they are paid off, but still -

Seems that a best fit for what I want is to hold on to the GXP and do a turbo setup on that. :hsugh:

Discuss.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
My wrx was never that fast, but it was an 02. I havent really been keeping up on wrx advances since I sold mine. but Id venture to guess it would probably take an upgraded turbo, and all the supporting goodies that go with that (tune, injectors, fuel pump, bigger IC, etc) to get there. And depending on what year WRX we're talking about, some trans work may be a good idea too

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Most of the cars on the list are very nice.

Another thing to consider, is that this will be a toy car. Your GXP and the TBSS are dailys. I would assume back seat stuff would be lower on the list of needs over cost and modability.

Then again, isnt your GTP paid off? Id keep it. JMO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info