This shit gives me nightmares.

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
1276084553bikercrashedb.gif

The biker wasn't even driving stupid, he was just passing another car when the douchebag changed lanes without signaling/checking his blindspot.

Shit like this can happen anywhere.

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GH8D2EqDZs

In Cali you can split lanes, but still have to deal with dumb ass drivers

I did that all the time when I lived in San Francisco. Saved me lots of time during rush hour, but I always feared having some woman / asian change lanes right in front of me. I've taken out a few mirrors that way too, lots of close calls.

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
he shouldnt of been passing a car that is driving in both lanes

with that said, it is definitely the fault of the SUV- but probably could of been prevented

:werd: when I see someone like this, it doesn't matter if I'm on the bike or in my car, I stay back and wait.

That guy in Cali vid was definatly going faster then he should of but that van was at fualt for trying to cross a solid line. If the biker was going slower he might have been able to stop but we'll never know.

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
he shouldnt of been passing a car that is driving in both lanes

with that said, it is definitely the fault of the SUV- but probably could of been prevented

I've been riding for over 30 years now, 22 on the street, this very thing happened as I was riding home from my motorcycle liscense test! I didn't wreck but the car got a big boot print in it's door!

I agree that it was the SUV's fault but the rider should have held off passing as the SUV and the car in front were both hugging and crossing the divided line. I would have been weary that if I did get by the SUV safely, the car may have pulled left into me then.

There are way too many bike accidents that are the fault of the other driver but were very preventable on the cyclist's part. Adopting an attitude of "wind in my face and the freedom of the open road" will get you killed! You have to ALWAYS be alert to what those other dickheads on the road are going to do to you!

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
This exact scenario happened to me on I-88 like 3-4 years ago. I was riding close to the shoulder (as you're supposed to) and this mini-van just started pulling into my lane at 70 mph. Didn't have much time to react, or maneuver for that matter, and kicker her door as hard as a could. Dented the door, and gave her the "what the fuck" signal. Then exited and shit my pants.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info