Insurance Rant

93R-Code

Last week my State Farm agent asked me if I could bring in the three cars I have “stated value” policies on to get updated pictures and to check the mileage, so I do. Well, I get a call yesterday from my agent telling me they can no longer insure my ’91 Stang because it has a roll cage, it classifies as a “race car” under their guidelines. My reply was “race cars” don’t have air conditioning and ride on d.o.t. tires (well... most don’t). State Farm has insured the car for 10 of the last 17 years I’ve owned it, with zero claims. I’m calling Grundy on Monday.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I agree allstate are a bunch of turds. I've got AAA and I'm happy but I know mark was having issues about raising prices.

I would call state farm corporate and complain or go to another agent and be up front about the cage. It makes no sense how a cage makes it a race car. If it's DOT legal and has plates then it's not a race car.

93R-Code

So they won't insure it because it's safe? Makes sense......

I did bring that point up after they referred to the five point harnesses as "racing seat belts". :picard:

And actually the agent seemed cool with the car and was very apologetic; she said the decision came down from their corp office. I guess they don’t want my money. I’m just going to switch all the toy cars to a specialty car insurer that does stated value coverage (ie. Grundy, Haggerty), far less hassles.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info