Scotts Law

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
In the past week like 4 people I know have been pulled over for Scotts Law. just thought I would give out a little heads up and info

Scott's Law, 625 ILCS 5/11-907(c),

mandates that upon approaching a stationary authorized emergency vehicle, when the authorized emergency vehicle is giving a signal by displaying alternately flashing red, red and white, blue, or red and blue lights or amber or yellow warning lights, a person who drives an
approaching vehicle shall:
• proceed with due caution, yield the right-of-way by making a lane change into a lane not adjacent to that of the authorized
emergency vehicle, if possible with due regard to safety and traffic conditions, if on a highway having at least 4 lanes with not
less than 2 lanes proceeding in the same direction as the approaching vehicle.
• proceed with due caution, reduce the speed of the vehicle, maintain a safe speed for road conditions, if changing lanes would be impossible or unsafe.

Picture+159.jpg

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
just came back riding with my buddy on a roadtrip to an event in ohio

going thru indiana i remembered thats where it was before IL and a few miles down the road, sure enough, cop pulled someone over and a truck that had tons of room just didnt get over.... sure enough, about another mile down the road a seperate cop probably got a call and pulled him over

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info