Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
jingle-bells.gif

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
What kind of power are you pushing?

How good are you at driving with a clutch?

SPEC makes a SPEC 3 or SPEC3+ which is an all around good clutch for high power engines. The center hub is springed for street driving. If you are good at driving a springless clutch then you can get the SPEC 4 or if you want they make a SPEC 5 which is more of a pure race style clutch.

http://www.specclutch.com/products

Springless clutches take a little more finess when driving on the street because you don't have the springs cushioning the bite. Think of a springless clutch like a true on/off switch. It is engaged or not engaged that is it. Very little slippage. But when racing on the strip, You have full pressure which makes the RPM/power during shift have near zero loss due to slippage/cushioning of the springs. Takes a little bit of getting use to it, But for getting max power quickly to the wheels it is the best way to go.

I am using a 6-puck SPEC 3 clutch. (They didn't have the SPEC 3+ back then or I would have chose that one) I've had it since I did the swap 5+ years ago. Have had no problems with slippage. Car has seen the strip, road courses, and street driving. Never had an issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info