BREAKING:Top Gear America reborn!

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/21/breaking-top-gear-america-reborn/

Put your skepticism aside, Top Gear fans. This is no drill. The History Channel will air the first ten episodes of an American version of everyone's favorite car show this Fall. As you may recall, NBC took the first crack at producing a colonized version of TG, complete with hosts Tanner Foust, Adam Carolla and Eric Stromer. For whatever reason, the project went to the dumpster, and we haven't heard word one until now.

top-gear-usa-250.jpg

It looks like Tanner Foust is still on board for The History Channel's take on Top Gear America, but the two other hosts have been swapped for different talent. Foust will share the stage with Adam Ferrara – probably one of the funniest comedians working these days (seriously, hit the YouTubes) – and Rutledge Wood. Wood's name will likely ring a bell with the NASCAR set. The guy's been reporting on turning left since before they realized they were going in circles.

Can The History Channel give the guys the space they need to do the Top Gear name justice? We hope so. For once, the talent appears to be there, and getting out from under piercing glare of NBC's lawyers is bound to be a good thing too. Suddenly, we can't wait for Fall to roll around.

[Source: Top Gear]

andcbii

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2008
This will never be as good as Top Gear. The only reason Top Gear is so good is becuase of the hosts. With out Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May there is no show and i highly doubt the 3 people they have chosen for the American bastardization will be 1/2 as good. Why do we even need an American version? They talk in English and even use MPH. The only down side about the show is that they drive a few cars we can not buy.

They do so few episodes each year you would think NBC(or another network) could pay they some big money to film 12-13 episodes state side. I'll give the American version a try but it will never be as good as the original.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
This will never be as good as Top Gear. The only reason Top Gear is so good is becuase of the hosts. With out Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May there is no show and i highly doubt the 3 people they have chosen for the American bastardization will be 1/2 as good. Why do we even need an American version? They talk in English and even use MPH. The only down side about the show is that they drive a few cars we can not buy.

They do so few episodes each year you would think NBC(or another network) could pay they some big money to film 12-13 episodes state side. I'll give the American version a try but it will never be as good as the original.

Have you seen how fucked up NBC is lately?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info