pics of my gsxr 1000

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I just got this bike in the fall. 06 with 6700 miles. I know the blue stripes were painted on the wheels. Anyone know if the plastics and the top half of the bike are supposed to be the same blue? The top half is a bit darker blue and the white has a blue pearl in it...possibly custom as well. But maybe stock.

Mods are power commander, lowering links, air shifter (one of the pics is of the air psi gauge), yoshimura exhaust. Mods came with the bike. Paid $5,000. Deal right?

Here is the link, enjoy...

http://s1047.photobucket.com/albums/b475/sleeperls00/?action=view&current=2010-04-06191803-1.jpg

Edmond

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
Very nice!

My girlfriend wants one of those. She keeps wanting me to co-sign on one for her because she can't get financing.:hsugh: I won't do it, too much of a risk for me.

We have a lot of bike riders here in Oklahoma. I think guys are riding 9-10 months out of the year down here.

Is getting a decent one for $4000-4500 possible?

Edmond

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
very doable to get a bike for that kind of money......but a 1k for a noob......very RISKI

Now you got me started!

I don't know shit about bikes but I know that a 1K is damn fast so I asked her why not a 650 or something like that. The bike is cheaper and insurance would probably cost less as well. She didn't like that idea. She said that those are bikes "for beginners."

She says she has a motorcycle license, I don't know, never seen it, never asked. But I know she's not a very co-ordinated person. I don't know how to ride, I'm not into bikes myself, but it seems more difficult than driving a car.

I keep hearing the shit about "all my friends have bikes and I want to go riding with them" and I really don't care to hear about it.

Just wonder if I could spend less than $4500 to shut her the hell up about a damn motorcycle. :dunno:

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
What riski said X2, i've been riding around on a 08 gsxr 600 thats my buddies for a long time, and we just had a friend bring over a busa to keep at our house and lets me ride it. I was on the 600 for over 2 years and let me tell you I thought I was ready for the busa but after riding it about 10 times. I'm still gonna end up buying something a 1k or smaller.
As he stated, self control is huge and its hard to have sometimes.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I would have prefered a 750, but I just couldn't pass the deal up. There is way more power with the 1000 than I need. Yesterday was the first time I really tried to get on it....I think my nuts are still in my chest. Tunnel vision and 150 is all I remember and it felt like a blink of an eye. I am still in love with the 1000 though.

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
....but a 1k for a noob......very RISKI

how about a 1200??:io:

But yes it is a very big self control ordeal. Took me quite a few months to where I'm finally at with being comfortable to open the bike up in first gear. The main reason why I don't have a reagular crotch rocket as I'd be trying to do wheelies so I made sure I either got a stretched bike or a cruiser. I also have quite a few friends glad I have a stretched bike, so bottom line know your self control limit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info