Selling car on Craigslist, got a question

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
As some of you might know i'm selling my SVO. Put it up on CL, SVOCA and on here. http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42244

I got a reply from a guy on CL and wanted to know what some of the red flags are that you guys have experienced. This guy replied asking if it was still for sale, i told him yes, then he sent me back asking to see it. He also said his internet is slow and that if i could click on a link to see insurance quotes. Red Flag right there, i looked at the properties of the link and got this: http://tectme.com/. I don't want to click on it and feel this is some sort of virus or scam. I sent a generic message back stating that what i was paying per 6months of state minimum.

Poops

tmbutitta

TCG Elite Member
Feb 16, 2010
Rockford
i have sold lots of stuff on clist.. i usually get retarded scammers that state they are from out of the country and want to send a check to cover the item, shipping costs and a little extra, which they will ask you to mail them the extra..

one time i went along with it, and received a check.. it was a fake cashiers check at US BANK..

I talked to my mom who works at usbank, and she said that a teller would cash it, but within a few days it would come back on me, and i would have to repay it plus fines.. and they bank may press chargers.

I have also had some guy ask if he could paypal the money... i said no problem, and a little bit later, i actually got an email from paypal saying the money was in my account, but i could not transfer it out until i sent a tracking number of the item..

it was weird because the emails looked so real, i could swore they were from paypal..

i ended up finding another email from paypal, and saw some slight difference, and refused to send the item, and this dude sent another follow up email from paypal saying i was breaking some policy and chargers were getting filed.. and blah blah blah..

the big thing is just sell to local people or someone that you can meet in person. at the top of the craigslist page, it gives you all sorts of warnings and shows you the common scams... read up on it!

LIGHTNING MIKE

Jun 15, 2009
The bad thing is,most of the craigs scammers are'nt even from the usa.haha

Also if your number is listed in add,the best sale is when the buyer actually calls you,any email contact just watch for hotmail emails and the ones that start out with

dir sir
hi mate
still for sale
howdy
to whom it may concern

Just be carefull and you will be finE. Did you list on the corral?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Hello
Thanks for the prompt response and i will love to make an instant purchase,so pls do withdraw the advert from Craigslist,i don’t mind adding an extra $50 dolls for you to take the advert down from criagslist so that i can be rest assured that am in hand of the item. I will also like you to know that i will be paying via check,and it will be over night payment due to the distance .You don’t need to bother your self with the shipment ok,i will take care of that.So i will need you to provide me with the following information
to facilitate the mailing of the check.
1.Your full name
2.Your mailing address be it residential or postal address
3.Your phone number.
**Once again ,I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for
shipping
i will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed the check**
Have a nice day

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info