Volkswagen throwing some bad codes

I'm trying to figure out what is going on with my sisters Jetta. The thing runs rough as fuck, car shakes at idle and it's running very rich and making all kinds of racket. I got it scanned today and it threw these codes:

P0112- IAT Sensor 1 Circuit Low Input
P1128- Manufacturer Control Fuel Air Metering
P0304- Cylinder 4 Misfire
P0172- System too Rich (Bank 1)

So after a little bit of research on the net at this point I think that the 02 sensor is bad, or the IAT sensor is bad and causing all of this. Just wanted to get some other opinions though on what else I should maybe check for.

It's a 2000, I know about the problems with the coils. My buddies dad who runs an independent shop was telling me about that cause they own a vdub that had the same problem. I'm gonna bring it to his shop when I have time on Tuesday night and we're going to run some tests on it. According to my mom though the MAF was just replaced, but it was installed at NTB:picard: so I wouldn't doubt if there was an install error there.

So we inspected it today, ran the same with the MAF sensor unplugged. We were about to test the voltage on it when sure enough, we see sparks coming from a spark plug wire on the coil pack :O. Can anyone guess what cylinder it was on? Yep, cylinder 4. I think that may be what is causing all this, I'm for sure replacing the coil pack and wires and I'm going to get the codes cleared and then see what happens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info