Just figure I'd share info about a dealership to avoid

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
The long and short of it is I had been setting up getting an 03 mustang gtfor the past week, got financing lined up, haggles on the phone ( it was in gurnee) etc etc etc, it was a done deal. I spoke with the sales person at 2pm yesterday to confirm all was well, drove up there and 10 min away I get a call from her boss saying that the car has sold, but if I'd like they could get me a good price on something similar. I tell the guy this is inexcusable, and arrive to be told that intact someone had put a deposit on it the previous night and there was a miscommunition. I was even nice enough to stick around to see what they had comparable (nearly an hour) and am offered a stratus coupe and a 6 cylinder roush (rofl). At this stage I told the sales person they need to make this right, may it be giving mr the information of who they were going to finance me through, or something else. Sales person brought out the owner, again with the I can get a good deal on something else, and that he could not release any info about the financer. I said he needs to make this right as i had now wasted my time and money, and he should pay for my gas of nothing else as this was his dealerships mistake. At this point he told me to fucking get lost.

So legally, car had a deposit on it the night before I came out, this is bait and switch, who should I be calling.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Snooze you lose.

That's some shady shit but there's nothing you can do. You had no legal contract with them

Bait and switch does not need a contract, it is the act of advertising a car that is not available to you as a way to bring you into the dealership. Car was sold before I even left my house, the knew I was on the way already and waited until I was too close to turn around.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
GET THIS!
Over on CMC, btw

guy that i work with has a friend who is selling his Black Bullitt

2001 Bullitt Mustang
5-speed 30,000 miles, garaged winters.

$8000 obo

dudes name is Andy, and his number is 630-429-1063

this is all the info i have

ajq8ig.jpg

2vii3w9.jpg

iqczdg.jpg

10pnfwh.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I was referring to your question of what you can do. The answer is nothing. You should have gotten it in writing. When they said they couldn't do it then you should have walked. You didn't cause you weren't going to buy it if it was a hunk of shit.

andcbii

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2008
The long and short of it is I had been setting up getting an 03 mustang gtfor the past week, got financing lined up, haggles on the phone ( it was in gurnee) etc etc etc, it was a done deal. I spoke with the sales person at 2pm yesterday to confirm all was well, drove up there and 10 min away I get a call from her boss saying that the car has sold, but if I'd like they could get me a good price on something similar. I tell the guy this is inexcusable, and arrive to be told that intact someone had put a deposit on it the previous night and there was a miscommunition. I was even nice enough to stick around to see what they had comparable (nearly an hour) and am offered a stratus coupe and a 6 cylinder roush (rofl). At this stage I told the sales person they need to make this right, may it be giving mr the information of who they were going to finance me through, or something else. Sales person brought out the owner, again with the I can get a good deal on something else, and that he could not release any info about the financer. I said he needs to make this right as i had now wasted my time and money, and he should pay for my gas of nothing else as this was his dealerships mistake. At this point he told me to fucking get lost.

So legally, car had a deposit on it the night before I came out, this is bait and switch, who should I be calling.

If i was the dealer i would have told you to fuck off too. They don't owe you anything other then an apology. First of all you have no proof they were trying to bait and switch you. They warned you before you even got to the lot. If they were really trying to bait and switch you they would have waited longer. The sales person you were talking to probably didn't realize the car had been sold. I've been to multiple dealers lately and the sales people often don't know right away when a car has been sold... Sorry you wasted your time and a little bit of gas but i don't think the dealer owes you anything.

andcbii

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2008
Why go all the way to gurnee for a car? Chances are a deal to good to be true is usually the case. I've been there done that and literally every case the car is a hunk of shit regardless of how good it looks in pics.

that's what happened to Transmaxed when he was looking for a car. He drove like 5+ hours or something and the car was total crap.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
that's what happened to Transmaxed when he was looking for a car. He drove like 5+ hours or something and the car was total crap.
Happened to myself and a friend. Drove out south like 2 hours to look at an 06 sti for $16k. Car was demodded, made 12psi at wot and the SES was on. I had to ask the dealer for some duct tape to cover the 2 open ports in the intake (one for boost gauge other for bcs port near maf).

Car was a pile

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info