Proud new owner of a 2006 GXP in BLEEN!

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Just got a certified 06 bleen from a dealership here, 41,000 miles on it with the gmpp warranty for at least 1 year 12,000 miles and I can extend later. Very excited thus far, it's much different than my Comp G, but in IMMACULATE condition.

Dealer just put on new tires, new rotors and pads, and flushed all fluids. So far so good!

I have a guy coming to get my Comp G next sunday, so I'll finally just be down to one car. I thought I could leave GM, but the price was good, and the car was just in great shape. The V8 puts a nice smile on my face and sounds great!

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Good Luck with the new ride... hope the tranny is good to you!

Ive never understood going from a compg to a gxp... yeah its faster but nothing a few basic mods couldnt have done for the compg. The GXP suspension is better than the compg but not that much better.

Either way nice car!!

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Take it from another GXP owner, they are sweet for a snow friendly DD.

Is it fully optioned? What color interior? I suggest getting the STBs(http://www.drcustomparts.com/) and having the resonator removed, really wakes the exhaust up without spending a lot. Car isn't really easy to mod, or worth it, but I have an intake and the above mentioned mods...

You can do a lot with HP Tuners if you want to make the investment...

33859900002_large.jpg

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Thanks for the responses! Yeah i know it seems weird to go from a Comp G to the GXP, but to be honest I'm really surprised at the difference in driving. It seems like a VERY different car entirely. I mean I could have spent the money and modded the crap out of the Comp but to be honest I'm starting to get past it. I just wanted a good DD that worked well in the snow here in Ohio, but still had some power.

After test driving it, I was extremely impressed, and the price with the warranty was hard to pass up. If I had a little more cash flow and didn't live in the midwest I would have considered the G8 for sure, but this will suit my purposes for now.

John --- I'll def look into a resonator delete, I have some friends at a local muffler shop. Does it produce a lot of drone though on the highway? I do quite a bit of highway driving. I was looking into tune's but it seems as though unless you get a custom or dyno tune nothing is worth it yet. No one seems to have experience with Vector, and overkilled can't be found with any responses to emails. But yeah it's fully optioned with every single one except the Nav unit which is fine because i'm replacing the monsoon system anyway lol.

I'll snap some pics as soon as the the 9 inches of fresh snow goes away and I have time to get her washed and look nice haha.

For those who don't know the color here's a pic from clubgp of someone with the same color car, it's identical to mine.

Lj21858.jpg

Mi21051.jpg

Ig12667.jpg

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Keep the wheels really clean, really really clean. Mine have gotten screwed up from brake dust this winter because I got lazy. I am going to pay for it in elbow grease to try and get them clean again.

As far as drone, I think it is fine, aka nothing I really notice. But then again I haven't had the resonator in so long I can hardly remember. I can try to take a recording and let you hear.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Keep the wheels really clean, really really clean. Mine have gotten screwed up from brake dust this winter because I got lazy. I am going to pay for it in elbow grease to try and get them clean again.

As far as drone, I think it is fine, aka nothing I really notice. But then again I haven't had the resonator in so long I can hardly remember. I can try to take a recording and let you hear.

Thanks I think i'll check out the exhaust place when it warms up and ask them what they think. Do the STB's make a whole lot of difference?

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
To be honest the difference they made for me is got rid of some "dash" rattles I had... Car does feel a bit tighter handling wise, but the bigger benefit was a quieter interior.

Speaking of, another bad rattle I had was the plastic sunroof surround. To fix that just pop it off and cover the front and back clips with that sticky green felt stuff. It tightens the fit and gets rid of the plastic on plastic rub.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info