Anyone know how to swap a timing belt?

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
Is it a single overhead cam? Pretty simple if it is. I just did one for the first time on my uncles civic. Really though $200 is a hell of a deal. Change out the water pump while you are in there too.

Yep, single overhead, no vtec 4 cylinder, but trust me I'll still break something. I can do simple stuff by myself now but I've still got a ways to go before I can fuck with a timing belt.

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
If you are uncomfortable with doing it yourself, you should NOT do it, these are interference engines and if you do the belt wrong, you will toast the motor.

it is VERY easy, Its just something you don't want to mess up.

I'm CRAZY busy all week otherwise I'd offer to help.

Yeah that's why I'd rather do kind of a watch & learn for the most part, I really don't wanna fuck up this car. But hey if you think you'll have time to help me out in the next few weeks, idk if you need any body work done but I can get good bodyshop paintjobs crazy cheap and body parts at dealer contract prices, or I can get you a little cash, whatever works.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info