My newest mods to the truck :)

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
I can't wait for the spring to throw on the new wheels!!!

tint .............EDIT* its 5% on the rear sides and 20% on the front two. I was going to go 35% but i'll see if i get away w/the 20% :rofl:

DSC03260.jpg

DSC03261.jpg

the radio (was in one of my other old trucks)

DSC03262.jpg

and the wheels i'm looking forward to putting on..

wheels3.jpg

wheels.jpg

when its warmer, i'm probably going to remove the side molding and tint the tails and 3rd brake light

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
Wheels with no tires picture is priceless, I love that photo!

I was jacked man!! they stole my rubber but left the wheels.... THEY AREN'T CHROME!!!! :rofl:

No i'm actually still try to think what size tire to go with. Stock height is 29" my 20's were 31" and so are alot of the 22's sizes but not much sidewall. But i don't want to step to a 32". I've got alot of issues w/tire sizes right now :rofl:

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
Yea, they are 22's. There are alot of factors in the size tire i want, but i'm not going to be low proing them for sure. The drop will be based on how the wheels sit under the truck. I don't wanna drop it then not be able to run these wheels.

The thing that's killing me is I only have the small 4.8 V8 in the truck. I'd still like to tow w/it and the taller I go the damn thing struggles. I had went to pick up my buddies '80 Camaro from Rockford and on the tow home that thing was kicking down alot fighting the wind and going up hill.. So another motor is possibly in thought as well.. Its paid off now, so i want either a 03-06' 5.3 or 6.0

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
Yea, they are 22's. There are alot of factors in the size tire i want, but i'm not going to be low proing them for sure. The drop will be based on how the wheels sit under the truck. I don't wanna drop it then not be able to run these wheels.

The thing that's killing me is I only have the small 4.8 V8 in the truck. I'd still like to tow w/it and the taller I go the damn thing struggles. I had went to pick up my buddies '80 Camaro from Rockford and on the tow home that thing was kicking down alot fighting the wind and going up hill.. So another motor is possibly in thought as well.. Its paid off now, so i want either a 03-06' 5.3 or 6.0

before u do ur motor swap, is a shift kit out of the question? that should help with some towing that u do while u have the 4.8

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Looks good with the tint. When you get the wheels on there and drop it, it should look pretty damn nice. Remove the side modling like you said, even better. A roll pan would look nice too. I dont think Id bother with the whole performance thing on the truck, unless it had a better motor to start out with. Keep it a nice looking DD/tow vehicle and get some work done on that camaro you have.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Looks good with the tint. When you get the wheels on there and drop it, it should look pretty damn nice. Remove the side modling like you said, even better. A roll pan would look nice too. I dont think Id bother with the whole performance thing on the truck, unless it had a better motor to start out with. Keep it a nice looking DD/tow vehicle and get some work done on that camaro you have.

Good call on the roll pan. :bigthumb:

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
Thanks everyone for the comments

6.0 for sure.

6.0 for sure is right... 5.3 really isn't worth the work... Or can you do some FI on the 4.8?

Believe me i'd really like one. FI is out b/c i'm not building it performance, just a decent cruiser and tower. I'll have my Camaro for the performance machine :D

LS7 swap.

LOL read above post ^ but that would be SICK!!

before u do ur motor swap, is a shift kit out of the question? that should help with some towing that u do while u have the 4.8

it could happen... I'm not really going gung ho w/the truck though.

Thanks Jared, as stated its not like i want a performance machine just a decent tower with some power. I really wish i still had my '01 6.0 still, but i still needed a 4l80e. A drop will happen after i see how the tires fit, and I was in debate on the roll pan. I've been trying to watch my money and save for a Paint job on the Camaro b/c i want it on the street this year. Unfortunately i don't think it will though

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
HA I rolled around all summer with limo(5%) on my front 2 and limo on top of factory in the back. It was like the windows were painted black at night, dangerous actually. Cops never even looked twice, I love having a truck! Now with those wheels and a drop u might get some more attention. I have since taken that off so i can plow at night and just matched the factory rears with 20% in the front.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info