I'm about to scrap this damn thing...

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
okay so i changed my LIM on '90 lumina saturday and it ran fine for the 30 mile drive home. so sunday i start it up to go to work and its runnin fine, about to get to work and my volts drop from 14 slowly down to 12, so i pull over and notice that my power steering isnt working so i figure its my belt slipping, pop the hood and its smoking, its leaking coolant again. so i say fuck it and get to work and come home later to try and locate the leak. well its leaking out of the water pump right at the shaft dripping right on the ribs of the belt, that solves the slipping belt and the leak. so today put a new water pump in, stops leaking, its running great. go to my buddies house, check for leaks and nothing, woo hoo. leave after a couple hrs and drivin volts drop to 12 again, im thinking great another leak, get out belts bone dry, turn it off, start it up again goes up to 14, start drivin goes to 12 again, i decide to drive home (only a couple miles) get home im at 8 volts. so i have no idea what to do, im takin the alternator to napa tmrw to test it and idk if this would have anything to do it but my belt tensioner moves about an 1/8th in while running, and i can pull the belt on and off by hand. anybody else have any other thoughts?

cliffs: new LIM, stops leak. next day water pump goes making belt slip: volts drop along with loss of power steering, next day new water pump stops leak but volts drop down to 8 on drive home. need input?

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
I hear ya, I was more looking for you to tell me why you really don't want to scrap it... helps you see thru the frustrations. :D

Psychology provided today by: DR Eagle! :nutz:

haha thanks eagle, ill just be pissed if the lat went out, its about a lil over a year and half old, and i dropped $200 on it, im tempted to sell it as a mechanics special and buy that acura legend that just popped up here.

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
well i took the alternator to napa, they tested it and said it was fine, found out it was the voltage regulator on the alternator that was bad, so i put the old one back on and presto all is good now. minus the CEL comes on all the time now :picard: although i think its just an O2 sensor

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info