Wheel bearing or brake squeal?

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I am getting a very odd squeal from the passenger front wheel area. The first thing that I thought of when I heard it was wheel bearing (I've had a few go out on previous cars). However I am really not getting any vibration through the floor or the wheel. The noise increases as speed increases, goes away when turning left, stays the same if turning right or going straight, changes in pitch if very lightly braking, and completely stops if coming to a stop and pressing on the brake more firmly (not slamming). The noise has progressively gotten more persistent, however I did just get back from a 1200 mile trip, however the noise was present before I left (80*F in Florida) and coming back to home in Chicago is still present (28* in here in Chicago). Any ideas?

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Well I tried a panic stop, just to clear off the pads as I drive aggresively, but rarely if ever put myself into a position to really work out the brakes. I did this last night, and the problem has not arisen since then, maybe that jammed whatever loose, who knows. If it starts up again, I'll take it in or have a buddy look at it.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
There has been no performance changed whatsoever, it doesn't pull to one side, it doesn't feel like something is dragging. It more seems like there was something stuck between the pad and the disc more than anything, but I really doubt it was that because of how long it lasted, and how many miles I drove.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info