Car stereo experts enter

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I think I may need a replacement for my stock 6-disc changer stereo in the Mustang. I was just out in it and the stereo started getting crazy. My phone rang, so I went to turn the volume all the way down on the stereo. As I do, the stereo decides to do the opposite and go up as loud as it could. I almost drove off the road as it scared the crap out of me. I don't know if I should 'reset' the radio by disconnecting the battery or just wait until the next time I start the car and see what happens. If it's going to happen on/off randomly, I'll just get rid of it.
If that is the case, where is a good place to do some research on getting a decent head unit replacement with an aux input? I don't want it to look like it was hacked and it doesn't belong in the space where the stocker was.

Anyone?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Mark you can get any standard head unit for the car. A double din will be too big for the opening of the stock stereo. They do sell a kit that fits the standard head unit with a small storage pocket below it. I had it in my car and it looked great. I have had good luck with Pioneer head units as well, but I would suggest getting something better than the base line for better skip protection. You can get ideas for what you want from Crutchfield. If you need help on installation I can do that for you as well.

12voltsho

Jun 1, 2009
2000 is the single din which i have modified to look stock as a double din. 2001 is the redesigned dash with a din and 3/4 sized radio which will take a doubledin radio with miniscule modification the average person would never notice. If you have the radio and need it installed give me a buzz.

773-317-8086
matthew meeuwen
[email protected]

lol and if you need a remote start i can install that to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info