• Total voters

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
The rear tires on my TBSS have been practically bald for the last 8 months. As most of you know, I am out of work right now, and really can't afford any major purchases. There is a local guy on the TBSS forum who was nice enough to give me a pair of FREE, but used, tires last week. They were just some stock RSAs with enough meat on them to make it through winter. While installing them, we ended up finding a nail in the tire, pretty close to the sidewall. My buddy tried to patch it before we mounted the tires, but it started leaking after a couple of days. I tried plugging it myself at home, and cant get it to seal completely. Right now the tire has a slow leak and needs to be aired up every couple of days, not something that I want to deal with all winter or take the chance of getting stranded.

The long and short of it all, I need to buy a set of tires.

Two options:

1: Put an all season tire on my stock 20" wheels and drive year round with those, and keep my 17" wheels for racing only (drag radials on all 4)

2: Snow tires on my 17s and eventually get some summer tires for racing/driving the rest of the year on the 20"s.

Either way, I will eventually end up having to buy two sets of tires.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Right now the tire has a slow leak and needs to be aired up every couple of days, not something that I want to deal with all winter or take the chance of getting stranded.

You definitely don't want to be doing that. It's not so bad if you have your own compressor, but all the compressors at the gas stations break in the winter. It's next to impossible to air up your tires in Jan/Feb. I had to go to gas stations last year, but now I have a little compressor that is good for filling up tires low on air.

Thread Info