Best source for HID conversion kits?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I bought my headlights from the WbodyStore, currently selling for $90. They have a choice of 4300, 5000, 6000 and 8000. I run 4300K and am happy with them. Been running them for a few years now without the harness and typically have to switch them on and off for both bulbs to turn on. The ones I have just plug inline with the headlamp connector.

http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix/HID-Light-Conversion-Kit-p-145.html

Don't remember if peeps have trouble running HIDs in the stock fog housing. There might be clearance issues with the length of the bulb and hitting the housing, but don't quote me. I bought some $30 fogs from Meijer and used the supplied harness. Could easily throw some HIDs in there.

Stock housings and 4300k:

HIDs013resize.jpg

And with black housings:

blackisbetter011resize.jpg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Joe,

With that wbody kit, how did it wire up? Do the factory plugs just connect to their ballast then from there wire straight up to the HID bulbs? Or is there other wiring that needs to be done?

I'd love to find a 9007/880 combined kit, but I guess @ $90 each that's not terrible... only found one kit on ebay with both for like $280... thats ridiculous for lights.

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
Im gonna recommend right of the bat that you eliminate your drl/auto lights. You want to be able to control them your self. Also after you make it so you have to use the switch make sure you turn them on once the car is running for 2-3 seconds and voltage levels out.

Also I would recommend a relay harness from ebay. They where cheap and easy to hook up, just type in HID harness and get the one with the correct plugs.

I think thats it...

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
i had a wbody store kit on my GTP with the stock harness. worked great for the two years i had it on the car, and is still doing work today on my jeep. i wouldn't bother with the upgraded harness :dunno:

Without the upgraded harness on my 98 monte I would have starting issues. Now with the harness as long as the car is running they start up without a issue.

Just for ppl that don't know that when they flicker on start up and either stay lit and the flicker goes away or they shut off after a second that will eventually change the color of the bulb that does it the most. After that they will burn out a year down the road as it changes colors worse.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
wait a minute....you dont have to get rid of the auto lights; just the DRL which are lame anyways. i think it was just 1 wire you had to cut and then splice to another. its on clubgp for sure.

the benefit of it is then they dont flash when you use your key fob (dont burn them up) AND your parking lights will flash instead...including the tails.

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
wait a minute....you dont have to get rid of the auto lights; just the DRL which are lame anyways. i think it was just 1 wire you had to cut and then splice to another. its on clubgp for sure.

the benefit of it is then they dont flash when you use your key fob (dont burn them up) AND your parking lights will flash instead...including the tails.

for DRL, theres a fuse under the hood you pull when you install the HID's so you dont ruin the bulbs AND my headlights still flash when I use the key fob. When I had my alarm installed, the headlights didnt flash. They do know when using the stock setup. :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info