Specialized Hard Rock in neutral

BillyBru

FoodHead
Apr 29, 2008
yeah its a mountain bike and it hasnt been making any weird noise. from reading online and looking at the bike i think its a freewheel. and what could I do to fix it?

Attachments

• my bike.jpg
    my bike.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 47
  • my bike 2.jpg
    my bike 2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 46

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
You can replace the freewheel or cassette body. Being 7 sped it could go either way. Can you take a picture of the rear cassette but more of and angle so I can see the side?

In reality I'd say this is too much work for someone with out the specialty tools and k ow how. Freewheels are easy as the tool is usually about $5-$10 depending on which one you need the. You just drive the bus left.

Take the wheel off and bring it into a competent bike shop. They should be able to find you a replacement for not too much.

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
Judging by what you said, the two or more teeth between the hub and the gear cassette are seized or are not engaging. (likely that the spring that engages the teeth has broken) Taking the cassette off yourself is inadvisable unless you are prepared for having to deal with dozens of small ball bearings.

If you are dedicated to keeping these wheels with the bike, take it to a bike shop for repair as stated above, otherwise you can buy a better set of wheels or have some built specifically for what you use the bike for.

BillyBru

FoodHead
Apr 29, 2008
yeah im planning on keep everything that still works. I forgot to say that sometimes the bike engages and sometimes it doesnt. and when it broke while i was riding it i would have to get the bike up to a good speed and it would engage then if i stopped peddling it would be free again. im planning on taking it to a bike shop but just wanted to see what was up with it. i feel like one of those parts is worn out.

Attachments

• my bike 3.jpg
    my bike 3.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 36
  • my bike 4.jpg
    my bike 4.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 36
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info