Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Trade-in the DD and get a GTO

Votes: 21 70.0%

• Total voters

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Lets' say you have a mid `60s Corvette you're looking to hang onto but want another toy. Do you buy a C5 and have two weekend Vettes -- potentially taking away some of the mid `60's charm and attention -- or do you replace the current daily driver with a GTO or similar performance car you can drive year round and won't feel bad about leaving in the snow.

Edit: Both would be a manual transmission, which isn't a problem doing DD duty.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
Lets' say you have a mid `60s Corvette you're looking to hang onto but want another toy. Do you buy a C5 and have two weekend Vettes -- potentially taking away some of the mid `60's charm and attention -- or do you replace the current daily driver with a GTO or similar performance car you can drive year round and won't feel bad about leaving in the snow.

Edit: Both would be a manual transmission, which isn't a problem doing DD duty.

lol doh I own a GTO and i voted for the C5 haa and the GTO is winning lol!

Id go vette dude. the gto is nice and all but if i had the choice I would gotten a vette

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I've been telling him 05-06 GTO. This way the `64 still gets attention and driven, plus he doesn't have to deal with his wife nagging him about how the garage gets both Vettes and she's out scraping ice in the winter.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
He's going to make his brother jealous if he picks up a GTO ;)

I think my dad has been talking about getting rid of the 3000GT in the next couple of years. They had too many cars and not enough parking. Then there was the annual shuffling of the cars between MI and IL. I think he should ditch the 3000GT and get something with some balls.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
But barely longer that me ;)

Is there an old man emoticon? I never see the list on my screen, maybe because I'm in work-safe mode?

insane%20old%20man.gif

Thread Info