Driving around tonight in the S10...

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Ever think that you can shape the future with your thoughts?

So we're driving around in the S10 to go check out a few possible new trucks to replace the S10 after it sells... tomorrow. I think to myself, "it'd be my luck that this little S10 will break down the day before I sell it to this guy" and a second thought happens right after that, "NAH, this thing has been flawless from day one, nothing is going to happen!"

Sure enough, we get to the first dealer, park and get out to walk around and the damn S10 is smoking a little from the under side. So I'm like WTF?! I bend over and look and there's a few steady drips coming from the engine area!!!

This discovery, of course, completely breaks my concentration on looking @ replacement trucks. So after going to just two places and numerous fluid level checks on the way, we head home.

Once home I put it up on the jack and look around, lots of everything covered in fluid. Looks like its all coming from one place tho... but no obvious source...

so I crank it over again and pop back under the truck to see one of the trans lines in the little metal clip attached to the bottom of the block @ the oil pan has corroded through and its spurting fluid out all over everything.

SWEET. Easy fix tomorrow before I sell it. I was immediately imagining that something like the rear main completely fell out of the truck on the road somewhere and would kill my sale tomorrow.

So cross your fingers for me.... the S10 should be sold tomorrow... but we'll see!

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
He'll sell you his Tahoe... is what I think he meant to say... :D

Anyways, I HATE TRANS LINES. That is all. Still working on it. But the dude called and confirmed that he'll be making the purchase today... so I need to get done already.

Bending 5/16 line and putting on ends sucks. Let alone under a rusty/greasy ass truck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info