Nos? fuel gauge? ugh, help?

POS Neon

Wang So Hard You Get Heart Mumer
May 10, 2009
NorthLake
Okay, so i been thinking about spraying my ole' 72 nova. Thing is, i dont know jack shit about Nitrous. Like, if i do decide to spray, what are things i will have to upgrade, change, or whatever. Anyone's thoughts/comments?

Also, I'm having a problem with the gas gauge. At first, we thought it was the gauge itself had gone bad, but my dad tested it and he says its good. So we then checked to see if there was a cut/splice in the wiring but everything looks good. We dropped the fuel cell and checked out the sending unit and it looked like hell so I bought a new one swapped it in. Before putting the cell back in place i tested the sending unit to make sure it was working properly and it was. I go to put it back up and it wouldn't read anything, just sat on "E." Anyone have an idea what it could be? And before anyone asked, yes there was gas in the tank.

POS Neon

May 10, 2009
NorthLake
a kindly modded 350. 4bbl carb, intake manifold, lifters, shaved/polished heads, cam, duel timing, HEI ignition.... and im forgetting some things. Mostly top end right now. Trannie is stock TH350 and stock rearend. My dad is going to rebuild the trans and im swapping rear gears with 5:13's. Headers and exhaust is what im going to work on next when i get the parts.

POS Neon

May 10, 2009
NorthLake
5:13 gears holy fuck! on a Th350 dear god all out drag car???

On a carb'ed car you can grab a plate kit and spray them pretty easy. I would work out all your other bugs first with your car then after the car is running smooth/good with the mods you want then buy a kit.

We may put in 4:11's but my neighbor has 5:13 that fits her bolt pattern. We worked on her last summer and this winter and i drove her this summer for the first time with the minor mods. I think, and mainly Darkshadow implies, that her tuning is off. She idles at 700 in gear and sometimes is a bit rough feeling.

MPG monster.

She is. I feel like i get like 10 mpg. But i really don't know until i get this fuel thing fixed.

infor11.86's@87mph

Sure? :ugh:

I'm thinking about relocating the fuel cell to the trunk. Hopefully that will fix the problem? If not I'm going to have to rip out the system and replace it all.

POS Neon

May 10, 2009
NorthLake
man 5.13 is HUGE for a street car im telling you. I had a big block chevelle with a Th400, reverse manual valve body and 4.56 gears and i almost hated to drive it over 40-45 mph it just was obnovious. If you are building a 1/8 mile car or revving to the moon i'd do 5.13 if not i'd drop it down to 4.11.

I'll take that into consideration. Finding one for my bolt pattern is going to be a PITA. To ebay!

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
If you tested the guage and its ok, your replaced the sending unit and it worked. Then bolted it back up and nothing. Its gotta be in your wiring. Bad connection somewhere, or a crimp in a wire,maybe a small cut in it and its grounding itself out etc. I would just replace the wiring.

POS Neon

May 10, 2009
NorthLake
Pistons? Plugs? What fuel pump are you running? How big do you want to go?

No comprendo.

I think i have over-sized pistons but I am not sure. My dad sent them out to get worked on and I'm not really sure what he had done. I can ask him but have to wait till he gets home. As for plugs, i know they are comp plugs with a huge gap. The fuel pump is still internal stock. Should i look into swapping that? As for big i don't know yet, just looking at the facts before anything happens.

If you tested the guage and its ok, your replaced the sending unit and it worked. Then bolted it back up and nothing. Its gotta be in your wiring. Bad connection somewhere, or a crimp in a wire,maybe a small cut in it and its grounding itself out etc. I would just replace the wiring.

I think it may be getting crimped when i bolt it up. I'm going to look into relocating the cell and rewiring it then.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info