HELP! Unique Header back exhuast on a third gen TA

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
Looking for help on installing a unique header back exhaust on a third gen TA. The car has frame ties on each side so i was wondering if we can weld a support on the frame ties to complete the true dual header back exhaust with dumps before the axle.

This is a high compression engine with an aftermarket suspension and cross member so we really do not want to use a 3" y-pipe. Can anyone in chicagoland help with this exhaust or do we have to use the y-pipe?

We really like the clean look w/o tailpipes and it would be nice to have true dual exhaust on an fbody.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
no welder either. we were banking that a shop would do it for us so now we are looking for other shops or other alternatives.

I foresee us welding underneath the car in the garage in the near future. Will tig weld anything like stainless to steal?

Don't steal stainless.... :hsugh:

Seriously tho, I'd take it to a shop unless you're REALLY confident in your welding and exhaust pipe customization skills.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info