cleaning throttle body

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
this is probably a stupid question, but how do i clean the MAF sensor and the throttle body?? i went to Pepboys for the cleaners, but they say not to use them if the car is supercharged, turbocharged!! can i use carb cleaner? it doesnt say anything about using it on supercharged or turbo'd setups??

on the 04's its pretty funky....turn the key on and use a brick to hold down the pedal as you unplug the TB connector and the blade will be held open enough to clean with an old toothbrush

the maf, pull the housing outta the ducts and on the trailing edge of thedivider fin holding the maf sensor into the housing youll see a recess with a tab in it...put a tiny bit of light oil around the connector disk where the sealing oring is (to make it easier to remove...i use silglyde when reinstalling em for eas of removal down the road)
press in on the tab and pull upward on the connector area and the whole sensor will pull out from the housing. once it's out it's just a Qtip and rubbing alcohol away from clean. when your done you just push it back into the housing after you lubricate the oring with silicone based grease.

have fun

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• GLIKENNY
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list