LT1 problems

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
So, ever since I installed my LTs I have been having a few issues. The first is a low idle when everything is at operating temps. The second is unusually high shift points under WOT. When driving normal it seems to shift ok, but at WOT it hits the rev limiter on the 2-3shift, and the other shifts are also higher than norm.

I am pretty sure that something was reconnected improperly or not connected at all. I had a few different people help me with the install, and some that helped pull everything apart were no longer there when I was putting everything back together. I am no mechanic either, so im guessing something was put back together wrong. I know that we removed several little modules that we believed were for emissions (which i no longer need with the ORY) that may have been something else.

I recently installed a nice powdercoated intake mani with the block-off plates on it already, so I know that is not the prob. Does anyone know what else I could have done to cause these issues? Or by chance stop by my shop one of these days to have a look at it. I will give a free car wash to anyone willing to help.

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
What year is the car/engine?
What year and trans is it?
The earlier ones had a TV Cable that controlled the transmission shift points. This needs to be properly adjusted. Too far one way and it will shift later, too far the other way and it shifts sooner.

As for the idle after warm-up could be the IAC on the throttle body is set wrong or the throttle body itself has the incorrect set point. The way it works is the TB idle set point is suppose to be set with the computer in by-pass mode, Then you set the pintle on the IAC. Once both are done it should idle higher than normal. You then drive the car at 40mph (or higher) and the computer will reset the IAC controller so you have the proper idle at the proper rpm. Another thing that could mess you up is if the TPS switch is mis-aligned.
If you suspect a connection problem, The IAC is the 1" round sensor with a square connector on it. There should be 4-wires on the connector. The TPS should be opposite the throttle lever and have 2 wires going to it.

Do the SES/CEL light come on??

Where is your shop located at??
I don't need a car wash, But I am pulling my car out of storage on Saturday Morning and will be crusing around a bit.

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
What code is tripping the SES?
I have a scanner and I am off of work on Friday.

Once we figure out the bad sensor it might fix the trans.
Generally the sensors that affect the trans shifting are the input and output speed sensors, throttle position sensor or vehicle speed sensors.

Just let me know where the shop is.

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
The SES if from the missing o2 sensors after installing the ORY. Im guessing the TPS since Im pretty sure I dont have a vacuum leak. If you are avail Fri to come by and scan it I would greatly appreciate it. What time are you thinking?

954 W Lake St
Roselle, IL 60172

630-947-2090

Probably around 10-10:30 am.
I am going to get my license renewed at 9am (hopefully the DMV won't be too crowded) and then I can swing by.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info