Guess how much my Dealer visit was!!!

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
Here is the game that is sweeping the nation. I'll give you the info on my dads car and what was needed to be done at the dealer. Don't tell me i got hosed because most of this stuff my dad wanted looked at and fixed. I also warned him that all this stuff would cost a pretty penny.

2006 Chrysler 300C (That's the Hemi) 45,000 miles (out of warranty since 36,000 miles and there wasn't the 100K mile powertrain warranty when he bought it)

You guess the cost of it all.

Fixed the wheel well fasteners coming off the fender.

Cigarette lighter fixed.

Sun visor clip fixed

Flange nut on the output shaft of the trans fixed and trans flush(i don't know the technical term, but broken part made the trans clunk when putting it into gear and now it doesn't make the clunk)

New seal for rear diff because it was leaking a little (Its a whole kit though, cant just replace the part where it leaks and its not like a live axle where there is just one for the cover)

New tie rods plus alignment

"Tune up" (pretty much 16 new spark plugs)

New brake pads on all 4 tires ( fronts were 10% and rears were at 15% left)

Don't forget to add up all the labor (it was at the dealer from tuesday through thursday morning.) And remember that the 300C is pretty much a last gen Mercedes E-Class.

Have fun and good luck. Winner gets a fun prize!!!

CLRK KENT

Apr 1, 2009
My gf has a 2005 300C 5.7 HEMI and Zeigler quoted her $1300 for the 60k mile service. I did most of the work myself... and then some for about $200. Only thing I havent done yet is the trans flush which will cost me another $150.
Bottom line is try to do as much as you can yourself.
The internet is full of DIY's so dont let those guys rip you off.

BTW your dad should have gotten an extended warranty.
My gf had issues with her car at first and fought Chrysler and they gave her a 7yr 70k mile Platinum warranty for free.

Poopshinanigans

Nov 18, 2007
My gf has a 2005 300C 5.7 HEMI and Zeigler quoted her $1300 for the 60k mile service. I did most of the work myself... and then some for about $200. Only thing I havent done yet is the trans flush which will cost me another $150.
Bottom line is try to do as much as you can yourself.
The internet is full of DIY's so dont let those guys rip you off.

BTW your dad should have gotten an extended warranty.
My gf had issues with her car at first and fought Chrysler and they gave her a 7yr 70k mile Platinum warranty for free.

A. i don't have the time to do this stuff for my dad.
B. That car has only needed a new set of tires and oil changes so far (half of the changes i did myself). He was on pace for about 10K miles a year until last summer when he had to keep driving to and from NW Wisconsin every week. Even if we had to do this tango over again it won't be till 90k miles, which the car will be long gone by that time.
C. I think the output shaft thing was going to happen. The car lurches forward or back depending on which way the pavement is slanted when put into park and letting off the brake. And it it isn't small. I'm the only one who sets the parking brake so i can't imagine how many times the car shifts forward and puts force on the trans in park.
D. I told my dad this was going to be expensive and he gave me the reply i required. That a premium car, with a premium pedigree, is sooner or later going to require premium priced repairs.

1 dollar Bob...
Close, but no cigar.

Poopshinanigans

Nov 18, 2007

CLRK KENT

Apr 1, 2009
A. i don't have the time to do this stuff for my dad.
B. That car has only needed a new set of tires and oil changes so far (half of the changes i did myself). He was on pace for about 10K miles a year until last summer when he had to keep driving to and from NW Wisconsin every week. Even if we had to do this tango over again it won't be till 90k miles, which the car will be long gone by that time.
C. I think the output shaft thing was going to happen. The car lurches forward or back depending on which way the pavement is slanted when put into park and letting off the brake. And it it isn't small. I'm the only one who sets the parking brake so i can't imagine how many times the car shifts forward and puts force on the trans in park.
D. I told my dad this was going to be expensive and he gave me the reply i required. That a premium car, with a premium pedigree, is sooner or later going to require premium priced repairs.

It only took me a few hours to complete the work. Pretty simple if you ask me but I understand not everyone is so inclined.
Figures that the car works perfectly through warranty and takes a dive thereafter. It's usually how things work unfortunately.
Sounds like a faulty part more than it being bound to happen. The 300c is not the only heavy car on the market.
Actually my s4 weighs nearly the same. 4k lbs.
No offense but I wouldnt call a 300c a premium car. Any car will eventually need maintenance is true though. If one can't do the work themselves it's always good to make friends with a local mechanic, or as I suggested earlier, an extended warranty.
It's pretty obvious to me that when you bring it to a stealership they're going to try to squeeze every penny they can out of you. Especially with so many businesses failing and people losing their jobs.

Anyway at least the car is up to par now and your father doesnt have to worry about anything for a while.

My guess is going to be $2900

Poopshinanigans

Nov 18, 2007
It only took me a few hours to complete the work. Pretty simple if you ask me but I understand not everyone is so inclined.
Figures that the car works perfectly through warranty and takes a dive thereafter. It's usually how things work unfortunately.
Sounds like a faulty part more than it being bound to happen. The 300c is not the only heavy car on the market.
Actually my s4 weighs nearly the same. 4k lbs.
No offense but I wouldnt call a 300c a premium car. Any car will eventually need maintenance is true though. If one can't do the work themselves it's always good to make friends with a local mechanic, or as I suggested earlier, an extended warranty.
It's pretty obvious to me that when you bring it to a stealership they're going to try to squeeze every penny they can out of you. Especially with so many businesses failing and people losing their jobs.

Anyway at least the car is up to par now and your father doesnt have to worry about anything for a while.

My guess is going to be $2900

It costs over $30,000 new, so for my family (my parents have only recently actually splurged on nice cars for themselves) it is premium. I am also coming from the point of it being a last gen Mercedes E-Class. It isn't extremely premium like a 5series or anything like it, but it's a nice car. Also i didn't really notice some of the problems my dad was talking about until after the car was fixed. Everything just tightened up like when it was new. I don't drive his car unless he wants me too drive it so i can't diagnose things for myself very easily.

oh, you might want to get some water for how hot you are getting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info