Mitsubishi warranty work is a fucking Joke...

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I brought my moms 06 Lancer with 45K to Schaumburg Mitsubishi this morning for a few issues and they blamed everything on lack of maintenance.

Issue: Throttle sticking. Happens randomly, sometimes at a stoplight or while driving the car with stay at a rpm and you need to put it in neutral to get it togo back to normal.

Dealer Fix: Remove aftermarket floormats. Recommend clean throttle body. Should have been done at 30K. They cant take a few sprays of TB cleaner and clean it out!!!

Issue: High Idle

Dealer Fix: Recommend Change plugs. Should have been done at 30K

Issue: Trans shifts rough on the 1-2 shift and downshifts.

Dealer Fix: Add 1 quart of trans fluid. Should have changed fluid at 30K.

Issue: Heat is not that hot.

Dealer Fix: Heat seems fine, recommend coolant change, should have done that at 30K.

Anyway, they want $520 to change the coolant and trans fluid, and a thermostat, and $160 to change the plugs. Its probably $50 in parts! My mom owned the car since 39K so most likely that stuff hasn't been changed. What a joke. The Chrysler dealer fixes everything I bring in my dads car for even if they cant replicate the problem they fix what should be fixed if it was occurring. Rough idle? Even after they told me the SRT8 idles rough stock they change the plugs anyway no questions asked. I don't know why they wont do this "maintenance" on the car, don't they get reimbursed by mitsu anyway?

/rant

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I'm just saying Mitsus have never been known for their reliability or quality. Are you telling me you guys paid 2500 for this car? Wrecked? I don't remember.

A tree fell on it at the dealer. $2500 into the car including the price of the car and the repairs. Replaced the rear window and trunk.

Eat your heart out dasfinc.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
A tree fell on it at the dealer. $2500 into the car including the price of the car and the repairs. Replaced the rear window and trunk.

Eat your heart out dasfinc.

And you wonder why its junk :bowrofl:, and you wonder why the dealer doesn't give a shit about your problems? They took a HUGE hit on the car already, what makes you think they'd want to have ANYTHING to do with that car?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
And you wonder why its junk :bowrofl:, and you wonder why the dealer doesn't give a shit about your problems? They took a HUGE hit on the car already, what makes you think they'd want to have ANYTHING to do with that car?

Its junk because we got a car that is worth 10K plus for $2500? I don't think you know what you are talking shit about. A few tree's fell from a storm and damaged some cars at a dealer in Lombard. My dad does work for them and they asked if he wanted to buy the car, I guess they didn't want to deal with it. He put a few hundred into it (rear window and trunk) and gave it to my mom so she wont have to drive 15mpg Durango. I took it to Schaumburg Mitsu to get some issues addressed, they told me they were maintenance related. Car has a clean title, accident free car-fax, and a warranty, its far from totaled.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info