How much is a used Chevy 350ci engine worth?

Scgoaty

Say Cheese
Feb 22, 2008
Algonquin, IL
I have a 1995 GMC 2500 Van with a 350ci engine in it. I bought this van for work three years ago for $3500.00. I have tried to sell the van a couple of times in the last year and all I get are low ballers looking to pick it up for under a grand. Does the engine have any value with out the van? The van was well maintained through its life and has about 120,000 miles on it. Of course I also have the trans, diff and axle. I also have an extra set of gears. I was thinking of parting it out.

Scgoaty

Say Cheese
Feb 22, 2008
Algonquin, IL
in reference i sold my clean 92k mile 350TBI for $200. No one wanted to pay much

That’s kind of what I thought, no one wants to pay anything for a full working van either. A year ago I listed it for $2,000 then $1,500 and had no serious buyers so I decided to just let it sit as a back up to my other work vans. I have four work vans and only two of them are being used now…. Our lovely economy FTL.

does it have a 4l60e in it? might be interested in the engine and trans.

PM me how much you'd want for it? is it TBI? (can you see if it will be plug and play for a 95 Chevy C1500? Would you knock any $ off if I give you a 'core'

Thanks for the response guys, I had no idea how much a used engine was worth, and instead of searching around, I just post here…..lol.

Fat Tony and Dasfinc: I will give you guys and then TCG first dibs on this if I want to just dump it, but I think I will give it one more try and sell it as is for $1,500. Selling it for anything less I would rather just let it sit as a back up, because if one of my other vans breaks down I would not be able to find a replacement for the same amount. KBB in fair condition is $1,650.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
this is what i sold for $200 it was ridiculous.

engine1.jpg

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
yeah, unfortunately b/c noone was biting on it. Hell my 4l60e should have normally sold around $500 nd noone is biting on it even at $150 right now

edit: i have it list on another truck site were i literally sold like 1/2 of that truck its in in the pic. Maybe i'll try craigslist

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info