MT DRs or... need advice step in

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I'm looking to put something like the MT drag radial (or stickier) on my car for certain "events"... considering my options.

I've thought about another set of 02 WS6 rims and just slappin a set of MTs on.

The other option (more expensive option) is to get another set of wheels and go even stickier than the MT DR. The car won't see all THAT much track time, mostly street miles... so I'm not sure if slicks/skinnies are what I'm really looking for.

Everyone puts TTIIs on TAs... so not sure I want to go that route either, but I'd consider it if the right deal came along.

What yall think?

MT DR is your best bet for a true drag radial if you still wanna see road time. with full new tire and tread they are OKAY in the rain. not great. youll still slide around a bit. but if you want stickier and DOT, go with MT ET Streets. thats what i ran. slick with 3 tread lines. both work very good. i ran tubes in my ET streets tho so i could run a low pressure and not worry about the bead unseating.

B

Bad00SS

I'm looking to put something like the MT drag radial (or stickier) on my car for certain "events"... considering my options.

I've thought about another set of 02 WS6 rims and just slappin a set of MTs on.
What yall think?

Is your car a 6-speed? M/T specifically states you shouldnt run the M/T drag radial with manual transmissions. with race clutches like a spec stage 3 for example it engauges too hard and the sidewall is too stiff which results in wheel spin. with an et street the sidewall will flex and wrinkle and work best with manual trans cars. if yours is auto you would be fine with either.

it sounds like your buying another set of rims regardless, so why not buy prostars or draglites. i picked mine up used for around $400 with tires on ls1tech classifieds. a 15" rim will give you more sidewall and better hook for sure. stock t/a wheels in a 17 even with the 17" et streets they make wont hook nearly as well.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I really want to keep the stock look tho. I don't really want to roll full time on slicks.

So, lets assume for now - STOCK RIMS.

What tire to use? I've got Nitto 555RII's on there now and they aren't half bad, but I am going to need MORE when the nitrous comes in here soon...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info