Wideband sensor question

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
When I originally hooked my Innovate wideband up, I didn't realize that with my auto start the gauge wouldn't power up and the sensor was left turned off while the car ran. It did this for maybe 20-30 auto starts and each one ran for a duration of about 5-7 min.

Is this enough to damage my wideband sensor to the point that I should just get a new one? I know the sensor is supposed to be powered on if the car is on to prevent sensor damage. The sensor still reads fine and I have recently re-calibrated it, but is there a chance that the readings are off b/c of this past problem....or if when the sensor gets damaged it would just not work at all? Thanks for the help

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Thanks, I have been trying to hook up my Innovate wideband through my EGR and it hasn't been showing up on my hpt. I have the directions and have followed them to the "T". I have the correct output wire from the gauge to the brown wire near the EGR clip. I have the PID that I am supposed to use and everything entered as instructed. My HPT just won't read it for some reason. When I begin the scan, the wideband option goes away b/c there is no signal I guess. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks, Andy C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SleeperLS
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list