Looking for someone to press my pistons off the rods.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Before I pull out a telephone book to search for a shop...

Does anyone have a shop press to remove a set of pistons with press out wrist pins from some rods? I need that done, as well as getting the rods shot peened, and new pistons hung on them. Id just like to go to someone reputable and honest, because I dont know anyone in the business.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
There is a place in bensenville that I really like. Apex Automotive IIRC.

Small, Family owned, guy has been doing engine building for YEARS. when I say years I mean like 30+ years. He def knows his shit. I can get his number if you want.

Ahh! Thanks for reminding me. A guy I work with is into the honda scene and he had some machining done there. His brother is good friends with the shop owner.

LeddZepp8687

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Warrenville, IL
Ahh! Thanks for reminding me. A guy I work with is into the honda scene and he had some machining done there. His brother is good friends with the shop owner.

Well then, My work here is done! :biggthump:

Its a small place and it may look cluttered but the guy knows what he's doing. Ask him to show you some of the port work he does.

Last time I was over there talking to him about doing oversize valves and a 3 or 5 angle valve grind and a port job he showed me an M3 head he was working on. Holy jesus it was well done.

The guys name is slipping past me at the moment... Does your Co-Worker know the older guy (the Father) or the son?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Well then, My work here is done! :biggthump:

Its a small place and it may look cluttered but the guy knows what he's doing. Ask him to show you some of the port work he does.

Last time I was over there talking to him about doing oversize valves and a 3 or 5 angle valve grind and a port job he showed me an M3 head he was working on. Holy jesus it was well done.

The guys name is slipping past me at the moment... Does your Co-Worker know the older guy (the Father) or the son?

His brother knows one of them, im not sure which though. I was talking about getting some work done a long time ago and he recommended that place, its just slipped my mind until now.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
We can do it for you if want. Come by and check out the shop. What are doing to the car? I had a 2000 GA GT before the SRT.

I'll have to stop in some time to check the place out.

Its going to be recieving shot peened rods with arp bolts, Ishihara-Johnson crank scraper, forged pistons, arp head studs, a ported 3500 head swap, 60*V6 store 1615 grind cam with matching pushrods, comp cams 26986 valve springs with upgraded comp cams locks and retainers, a ported 3500 lower intake mated to a ported 3400 upper intake, TCE 65mm billet aluminum TB, TCE phenolic plenum spacers, #36 injectors, NGK tr6 plugs, and a two stage wet nitrous system by Dynotune (Shot TBD)

essentially a ported top end, forged pistons, and a big cam. 111 lsa 231/234 duration @.05
606 int. 563 exh. lift, and nitrous for the track or to shut up shit talkers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info